Faculty Profile for Dr. Anna M Turri
Biography and EducationAnna M. Turri is an Associate Professor of Marketing in the McCoy College of Business Administration at Texas State University. She earned a BBA in Finance from Texas A&M University, an MBA from Sam Houston State University, and a Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Arkansas. Her research focuses on the role technology plays in consumer choice, consumer privacy, consumer processing of label information, and consumer protection issues.
Teaching InterestsInternational Marketing, Sales Management, Consumer Behavior
Research InterestsConsumer Behavior, Choice Overload, Behavioral Decision-Making, RFID Technology, Consumer Processing of Labeling Information, Consumer Protection
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Sierra, J. J., Hyman, M. R., & Turri, A. M. (2018). Determinants and Outcomes of Superstitious Beliefs: A Multi-Study Approach. Journal of Marketing Management, 34(15–16), 1397–1417. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/0267257X.2018.1544923
- Sierra, J. J., Hyman, M. R., & Turri, A. M. (n.d.). Positive Psychology’s Mindset Precursors of Attitude-toward-Advertising-in-General. Journal of Promotion Management.
- Sierra, J. J., Hyman, M. R., & Turri, A. M. (2018). Nostalgia and Astrometry as Precursors of Superstitious Beliefs - An Abstract. In N. Krey & P. Rossi (Eds.), Back to the Future: Using Marketing Basics to Provide Customer Value. Proceedings of the 2017 Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference (pp. 287–288). Coronado, CA: Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference.
- Watson, A., Zank, G., & Turri, A. M. (2018). I Know, but I’d Rather be Beautiful: The Impact of Self-Esteem, Narcissism, Weight, and Knowledge on Addictive Tanning Behavior in Millennials. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 52(1), 209–226.
- Mukherjee, A., Smith, R. J., & Turri, A. M. (2018). The Smartness Paradox: The Moderating Effect of Brand Quality Reputation on Consumers’ Reactions to RFID-based Smart Fitting Rooms. Journal of Business Research, 92, 290–299.
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2016 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2014 College Achievement Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National Honor Society at Texas State University. April 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2013 College Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Member of the Month, American Marketing Association Collegiate Chapter at Texas State University. February 2012
- Turri, Anna M (Principal). Toxic Heavy Metals in Baby Food: How Should the FDA and Manufacturers Respond, McCoy College Research Grant, McCoy College of Business, $5000. (Funded: April 2021 - May 2022). Grant.
- Turri, Anna M. (Co-Principal), Zank, Gail (Principal). To Tan or Not to Tan: Exploring Consumer Perceptions of Tanning and the New FDA Sunscreen Labeling Requirements, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $6720. (Funded: January 2014 - December 2014). Grant.
- Turri, Anna M. (Principal). The Effect of Positive Emotions on Choice Overload, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $4000. (Funded: January 2012 - December 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Coordinator for International Marketing (MKT 4310)
Core Course Coordinators
Graduate Instructional Assistants Committee
Career Closet Steering Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Marketing and Public Policy Conference