Faculty Profile for Dr. David C Wierschem
Biography and EducationPhD in Management Information Systems from the University of Texas at Dallas
MS in Operations Research from the University of Texas at Dallas
MBA from Georgia State University
BS in Industrial Distribution from Texas A&M University
Teaching InterestsI have taught a wide variety of quantitative and technology courses but my areas of teaching interest include: Networking, IT Security, and Ethical Hacking.
Research InterestsMy research interests include: data warehousing, data analysis, and IT employment trends.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Wierschem, D. C., Jimenez, J. A., & Mendez, F. A. (2020). A Motion Capture System for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. Retrieved from McCoy College
- Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., & Jimenez, J. (2018). A Motion Capture System Framework for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. In Digital Commons@Georgia Southern (pp. 1–8). Georgia Southern University. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/pmhr_2018/25
- Carroll, T., Hernandez, G., Koutitas, G., Wierschem, D. C., Mendez, F. A., Valles Molina, D., … Jimenez, J. (n.d.). Comparison of Inverse Kinematics Algorithms for Digital Twin Industry 4.0 Applications (pp. 0300–0305). IEEE.
- Sharotry, A., Jimenez, J., Wierschem, D. C., Mendez, F. A., Koutitas, G., Valles Molina, D., … Rolfe, R. M. (n.d.). A Digital Twin Framework for Real-time Analysis and Feedback of Repetitive Work in Manual Material Handling Industry.
- Sun, Y., Zhang, P., Wierschem, D., & Mendez Mediavilla, F. A. (2020). CEO Turnover, Network Effects, and Firm Performance. International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence, 10(2), 54–72. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.4018/IJOCI.2020040104
- Jimenez, Jesus (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Koutitas, Georgios (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Wierschem, David C (Co-Principal). Using Industry 4.0 Digital Twins to Model Human Labor in Smart Material Handling Systems, Toyota Material Handling, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $197411.11. (Submitted: December 14, 2018, Funded: August 14, 2019 - August 13, 2020). Grant.
- Wierschem, David (Principal). Research on IT Certification Value, McCoy College of Business Administration, Texas State University, $920. (Funded: December 1, 2014). Grant.
- Wierschem, David (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal). A Kaizen Project to Develop a Simulation Process to Design Manufacturing Operations Requiring Human Motions, Texas State University, $16400. (Funded: July 1, 2016 - Present). Grant.
- Wierschem, David (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal). A Kaizen Project to Develop a Simulation Process to Design Manufacturing Operations Requiring Human Motions, NEC, Inc., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $50000. (Funded: June 1, 2016 - Present). Grant.
- Wierschem, David C. SANS Security Training to support CIS 4350 Security Class, McCoy College of Business Administration, McCoy College Development Foundation, $5979. (Funded: December 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
QEP Development Task force
March 5, 2018-Present
Management Field of Study Committee (THECB)
January 5, 2018-Present
Academic Affairs Computing Priority Committee
January 1, 2018-Present
LMS Advisory Council
December 18, 2017-Present
University Partnership Summit
November 10, 2017-Present