Faculty Profile for Dr. David C Wierschem
Biography and EducationPhD in Management Information Systems from the University of Texas at Dallas
MS in Operations Research from the University of Texas at Dallas
MBA from Georgia State University
BS in Industrial Distribution from Texas A&M University
Teaching InterestsNetworking and IT Security, Ethical Hacking
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., & Jimenez, J. (2018). A Motion Capture System Framework for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. In Digital Commons@Georgia Southern (pp. 1–8). Georgia Southern University. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/pmhr_2018/25
- Cason, A., & Wierschem, D. C. (2019). Smart City Automation, Securing the Future. In Smart Cities in Application Healthcare, Policy, and Innovation (pp. 262–287). San Marcos, Switzerland: Springer.
- Wierschem, D. C., & Mendez, F. A. (2018). Entry Level Technology Positions: No Degree Required. Journal of Information Systems Education, 29(4), 253–268.
- Zhang, P., Wierschem, D., Mendez Mediavilla, F. A., & Hong, K. P. (2016). An Empirical Investigation on CEO Turnover in IT Firms and Firm Performance. Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 25(2), 66–82. Retrieved from scholarworks.lib.csusb.edu/jitim/vol25/iss2/5/
- Wierschem, D. (2013). Technology Degree- What is the Difference? (June 2013). Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Jimenez, Jesus (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Koutitas, Georgios (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Wierschem, David C (Co-Principal). Using Industry 4.0 Digital Twins to Model Human Labor in Smart Material Handling Systems, Toyota Material Handling, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $197411.11. (Submitted: December 14, 2018). Grant.
- Wierschem, David (Principal). Research on IT Certification Value, McCoy College of Business Administration, Texas State University, $920. (Funded: December 1, 2014). Grant.
- Wierschem, David (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal). A Kaizen Project to Develop a Simulation Process to Design Manufacturing Operations Requiring Human Motions, Texas State University, $16400. (Funded: July 1, 2016 - Present). Grant.
- Wierschem, David (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal). A Kaizen Project to Develop a Simulation Process to Design Manufacturing Operations Requiring Human Motions, NEC, Inc., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $50000. (Funded: June 1, 2016 - Present). Grant.
- Wierschem, David C. SANS Security Training to support CIS 4350 Security Class, McCoy College of Business Administration, McCoy College Development Foundation, $5979. (Funded: December 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
QEP Development Task force
March 5, 2018-Present
Management Field of Study Committee (THECB)
January 5, 2018-Present
Academic Affairs Computing Priority Committee
January 1, 2018-Present
LMS Advisory Council
December 18, 2017-Present
University Partnership Summit
November 10, 2017-Present