Faculty Profile for Dr. Lawrence V Fulton
Biography and EducationLarry Fulton earned his Doctorate of Philosophy / Masters of Science in Statistics from the University of Texas at Austin, his Master of Health Administration from Baylor, and three other graduate degrees. His research centers on public health, general healthcare, and sustainability.
Teaching InterestsData Science, Operations Research
Research InterestsMachine Learning
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Brunson, E. K., Rohde, R. E., & Fulton, L. V. (2021). College students’ willingness to accept COVID-19 vaccines. Journal of American College Health.
- Beauvais, B. M., Kruse, C. S., Fulton, L. V., Brooks, M. S., Lee, K. A., Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., … Mileski, M. (2021). Testing Kissick’s Iron Triangle - Structural Equation Modeling Analysis of a Practical Theory. Healthcare, 9(12), 1753. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare9121753
- Fulton, L. V., McLeod, A. J., Dolezel, D. M., Bastian, N., & Fulton, C. (2021). Deep Vision for Breast Cancer Classification and Segmentation. Cancers, 13(21), 5384.
- Shanmugam, R., Fulton, L., Ramamoonjiarivelo, Z., Betancourt, J., Beauvais, B., Kruse, C. S., & Brooks, M. S. (2021). A Report Card on Prevention Efforts of COVID-19 Deaths in US. Healthcare, 9(1175), 1–13. https://doi.org/doi.org/ 10.3390/healthcare9091175
- Brooks, M. S., Beauvais, B. M., Kruse, C. S., Fulton, L. V., Mileski, M., Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., … Lieneck, C. H. (2021). Accreditation and Certification: Do They Improve Hospital Financial and Quality Performance? Healthcare, 9, 887. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare9070887
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Research Leave Award (1 of 5 Awards), Texas State University. September 2021 - May 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Application of Theory Paper, Green Cities Conference ICN Business School, Nancy France. January 2018 - June 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Health Scholar Showcase Poster Award ($5000), Texas State University. January 2018 - April 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: INFORMS Koopman Prize ($500), INFORMS. August 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award, Teaching ($2000), Texas State University. June 2014
- Fulton, Lawrence (Co-Principal), Johnson, Don, Loughren, Michael, Gegel, Brian, Burger, James, Budinich, Craig, Carne, Carrie. Effects of Vasopressin Administration in a Cardiac Arrest Model, Triservice Nursing Research Program, Federal, $500000. (Submitted: 2013, Funded: January 2014 - September 2017). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence, Musal, Rasim, Wierschem, David. Phishing for Spam: An Experimental Design, Texas State University College Grant, State, $800. (Funded: July 2011). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence (Principal), Musal, Rasim. Phishing for Spam: An Experimental Design, Texas State University Research Enhancement University Grant, State, $13898. (Funded: July 2011). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence V, Musal, Rasim. The Effects of Computer-Assisted Instruction and Variable Certification Requirements on Student Performance in Undergraduate Statistics Classes, Texas State University College Grant (McCoy School of Business), State, $745. (Funded: July 2011). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence V. Presidential Research Leave Grant, Texas State University, $55000. (Funded: 2021 - 2022). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
BSHS Program Director
Health Administration Track Chair Green Cities Conference
Angel Flight Command Pilot
August 2013-November 2018
CAHME Accreditation Team
2017 Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Conference
November 2016-May 2017