Faculty Profile for Dr. Lawrence V Fulton
Biography and EducationLarry Fulton is an Associate Professor of Health Administration at Texas State University, San Marcos. He earned his Doctorate of Philosophy / Masters of Science in Statistics from the University of Texas at Austin, his Master of Health Administration from Baylor, and three other graduate degrees. Dr. Fulton is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) and maintains the credentials of Chartered Scientist and Chartered Statistician (CStat CSci) as a Fellow in the Royal Statistical Society. He is a Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) of the Institute for Operations Research & Management Science, a Certified Quality Engineer and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CQE CSSBB) of the American Society for Quality and a Professional Statistician (PStat) of the American Statistical Association.
Teaching InterestsMachine Learning, Optimization, Simulation, Decision Science, R Coding, Python, Statistics
Research InterestsMachine learning applications to healthcare, sustainability
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Fulton, L. V. (2018). A Simulation of Rainwater Harvesting Design and Demand-Side Controls for Large Hospitals. Sustainability. https://doi.org/10.3390/su10051659
- Bastian, N. D., Ekin, T., Kang, H., Griffin, P. M., Fulton, L. V., & Grannan, B. C. (2017). Stochastic Multi-Objective Auto-Optimization for Resource Allocation Decision-Making in Fixed-Input Health Systems. Health Care Management Science, 20(2), 246–264. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10729-015-9350-2
- Cohen, S., Peterlin, B., Fulton, L. V., Neely, E., Kurihara, C., Gupta, A., … Zhao, Z. (2015). Randomized, Double-Blind, Comparative-Effectiveness Study Comparing Pulsed Radiofrequency to Steroid Injections for Occipital Neuralgia, With or Without Migraine. Pain, 156(12), 2585–2594. https://doi.org/10.1097/j.pain.0000000000000373
- Fulton, L. V., Bastian, N., Mendez, F., & Musal, R. (2013). Rainwater Harvesting System Simulation using a Non-Parametric Stochastic Rainfall Generator. Simulation, 89(6), 693–702. https://doi.org/10.1177/0037549713479037
- Ivanitskaya, L., Brookins-Fisher, J., O’Boyle, J., Vibber, D., Erofeev, D., & Fulton, L. (2010). Dirt cheap and without prescription: how susceptible are young US consumers to purchasing drugs from rogue internet pharmacies? Journal of Medical Internet Research, 12(2), e11. Retrieved from www.jmir.org/2010/2/e11/HTML
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Application of Theory Paper, Green Cities Conference ICN Business School, Nancy France. January 2018 - June 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Health Scholar Showcase Poster Award ($5000), Texas State University. January 2018 - April 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: INFORMS Koopman Prize (August 2016), INFORMS. August 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professing Excellence Keynote Speaker, Texas Tech University. November 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award, Teaching, Texas State University. June 2014
- Fulton, Lawrence (Co-Principal), Johnson, Don, Loughren, Michael, Gegel, Brian, Burger, James, Budinich, Craig, Carne, Carrie. Effects of Vasopressin Administration in a Cardiac Arrest Model, Triservice Nursing Research Program, Federal, $500000. (Submitted: 2013, Funded: January 2014 - September 2017). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence, Musal, Rasim, Wierschem, David. Phishing for Spam: An Experimental Design, Texas State University College Grant, State, $800. (Funded: July 2011). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence (Principal), Musal, Rasim. Phishing for Spam: An Experimental Design, Texas State University Research Enhancement University Grant, State, $13898. (Funded: July 2011). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence, Musal, Rasim. The Effects of Computer-Assisted Instruction and Variable Certification Requirements on Student Performance in Undergraduate Statistics Classes, Texas State University College Grant, State, $745. (Funded: July 2011). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence. University Lectures Award, Texas State University, State, $2000. (Funded: January 2013 - February 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Bachelor of Healthcare Administration Program Director
Angel Flight Command Pilot
Health Administration Track Chair Green Cities Conference
CAHME Accreditation Team
MBA HOM Admissions Committee