Faculty Profile for Dr. Linda J Campbell
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Conn, C. T., & Campbell, L. J. (n.d.). The Ethics of Worker Classification in a Gig Economy. Research on Professional Responsibility and Ethics in Accounting.
- Campbell, L. J., Martin, K., & Pitman, M. (2020). Employee-paid Business Expenses: Is an Accountable Plan the Answer? - Featured Article. The CPA Journal.
- Campbell, L. J., Smith, P., & Martin, K. (2019). Defining “Reasonable Compensation” under the Tax Code. The CPA Journal, October 2019, 16–21.
- Conn, C. T., Campbell, L. J., & Raiborn, C. A. (2019). External Auditors, Client Ethics, and the Continuance Decision. Research on Professional Responsibility & Ethics in Accounting, 22, 133–149. https://doi.org/10.1108/rprea
- Pitman, M., Campbell, L., & Martin, K. (2017). U.S. tax and FASB’s new paradigm for revenue recognition. Journal of Accountancy, (June 2017), 62–71.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Literati Awards 2020 - Outstanding Author Contribution, Emerald Publishing Limited. December 1, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, TXST Alumni Association. June 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2018 McCoy College Achievement Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Gary V. Woods Research Award, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 20, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Annual Lybrand Award - Bronze Medal for Outstanding Article of the Year, IMA - Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business. June 23, 2015
- Martin, Kasey (Co-Principal), Campbell, Linda (Co-Principal), Han, Fei (Co-Principal). McCoy College of Business Administration Research Grant, McCoy College of Business Administration, Texas State University, $2000. (Funded: 2009 - 2010). Grant.
- Martin, Kasey (Co-Principal), Campbell, Linda (Co-Principal). Research Enhancement Program Grant, Texas State University, Texas State University, $6738. (Funded: 2009 - 2010). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Ethics & Diversity Committee
McCoy College Governance Committee
Accounting Department Governance Committee
Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer
Journal of Legal Tax Research - ATA
January 5, 2017-Present
Center for Professional Accountancy Committee
August 25, 2016-Present