Faculty Profile for Dr. Gail Zank
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Suh, T., Jung, J., Zank, G. M., & Arend, R. J. (2019). Twofold Relationship Dynamics of Supplier’s Knowledge Sharing. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 34(4), 862–874.
- Watson, A., Zank, G., & Turri, A. M. (2018). I Know, but I’d Rather be Beautiful: The Impact of Self-Esteem, Narcissism, Weight, and Knowledge on Addictive Tanning Behavior in Millennials. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 52(1), 209–226.
- Zank, G. M., Warwick, J., DeLong, D., & Elbeck, M. (2018). Identifying the Value of Academic Conferences. Retrieved from http://wdsinet.org/Annual_Meetings/2018_Proceedings/
- Zank, G. M. (2016). Conceptual Framework Applying Game Theory to Motivate Learning (pp. 97–99).
- Zank, G. M. (2016). Why Marketing Faculty Attend Educator Conferences (pp. 59–60).
- Award / Honor Recipient: Recognized as Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Recognized as Favorite Professor, 2008 Panhellenic Scholarship Banquet. 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Delta Pi. 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nominated for the 2007 Master Teaching Competition, Marketing Management Association. 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nominee at the Associate Professor/Professor rank for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, McCoy College of Business Administration. 2007
- Wilson, Rick (Co-Principal), Zank, Gail (Co-Principal). Using Eye Tracking Technology to Understand the Consumer Processing of Product Claims in Product Consideration Context.”, McCoy Faculty Development Fund, Texas State University, $4350. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Zank, Gail (Principal), Smith, Karen (Co-Principal). Whole Grain Claims: Do They Matter?, McCoy Research Grant Funds, Texas State University, $2500. (Funded: March 1, 2014 - December 1, 2014). Grant.
- Turri, Anna M. (Co-Principal), Zank, Gail (Principal). To Tan or Not to Tan: Exploring Consumer Perceptions of Tanning and the New FDA Sunscreen Labeling Requirements, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $6720. (Funded: January 2014 - December 2014). Grant.
- Smith, Karen (Principal), Zank, Gail (Co-Principal), Stutts, Mary Ann (Co-Principal). Perceptions and Behaviors of Smokers Regarding Regular, Light and Ultra Light Cigarettes, McCoy College of Business Administration, Texas State University, $2000.00. (Submitted: October 2011, Funded: January 2012 - August 2012). Grant.
- Zank, Gail, Smith, Karen, Stutts, Mary Ann. Percerptions and Behaviors of Smokers Regarding Regular, Light, and Ultra Light Cigarettes, Texas State University-San Marcos, Texas State University, $2000. (Funded: 2011 - July 31, 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Business Research
Principles of Marketing Exam Committee
MS in Marketing Research & Analysis Program
Department Curriculum Committee
Presidential Seminar Task Force