Faculty Profile for Vicki L West
Biography and EducationActive at the local, regional, and national levels, Vicki West teaches both Professional Selling and Studies in Free Enterprise (SIFE/Enactus). She is the Director of the Center for Professional Sales & the coach of numerous winning professional sales teams at the National Collegiate Sales Competition & other private competitions. She also coaches the SIFE/Enactus free enterprise team, who have ranked in the Top 20 teams in the United States for 18 out of 21 years, serving as the USA national champion in 2000, 2011, and 2014. The team was World Champion in 2000. She has served on the advisory board at the national level for the free enterprise area and is a fully accredited member of the University Sales Center Alliance. Texas State is one of only 28 fully accredited sales center in the world.
Teaching InterestsProfessional Selling and Free Enterprise
Research InterestsSales, including coaching, writing, presentations, and sales trends, plus free enterprise topics such as profitability, empowering people and preserving the planet..
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- West, V. L. (2016). [Review of Selling: Building Partnerships, by Castleberry & Tanner].
- Badrinarayanan, V., Dixon, A., West, V., & Zank, G. (2015). Professional Sales Coaching: An Integrative Review and Research Agenda. European Journal of Marketing, 49(7/8), 1087–1113.
- West, V. L. (2014). 2014 Contributed to three chapters in Selling: Building Partnerships.
- West, V. (2014). Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching. Merlot, Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching.
- Agnihotri, R., Bonney, L., Dixon, A. L., Erffmeyer, R., Pullins, E. B., Sojka, J. Z., & West, V. (2014). Attracting Talent from University Sales Programs to Grow Your Real Estate Agency. Keller Center for Research Report, 7(2), 5. Retrieved from http://www.baylor.edu/business/kellercenter/news.php?action=story&story=142982
- Award / Honor Recipient: Paul R. Gowens Excellence in Business Administration Endowed Professorship. 2015 - 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Professor - McCoy College of Business, McCoy College - Advisory Board. August 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sam Walton Fellow International Award, Students in Free Enterprise. 2002
- Award / Honor Recipient: Leavey National Award for Excellence in Private Enterprise Education, Leavey. 1999
- Award / Honor Recipient: Top Sales Program, Sales Education Foundation. January 2012 - Present
- West, Vicki (Other). 3M free enterprise grant, Other, $6000. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- West, Vicki L. 3M Frontline Conference Grant, $3000. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- West, Vicki (Other). 3M free enterprise grant, Other, $6000. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- West, Vicki L. Wal-Mart’s Women’s Entrepreneurship. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- West, Vicki L. 3M Frontline Conference Grant, $3000. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
SIfE, Professional Sales, and Founding Sales Alumni Advisory Boards
Presidential Committee for Excellence in Teaching
Center for Professional Selling
University Sales Center Alliance Education Committee
Committee Member - Education
University Sales Center Alliance