Faculty Profile for Dr. Ruth A Taylor
Biography and EducationThree times Fulbright Senior Specialist – Peru: (1)Universidad de Lima (2006) in collaboration with STAT-USA/Internet of the U.S. Department of Commerce; (2) Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos (UNMSM) (2008) and (3) UNMSM, 2017. Named ‘godmother’ Masters in Textile Technology Program First Graduating Class (2010)/International member dissertation defense committee UNMSM (2006); collaboration with STAT-USA, USDOC; named Marketing Educator of the Year Award by Marketing Educator Association (April 2013); certified as a Certified Global Business Professional (2013 - present); Honored guest 2-day international seminar leader as part of the 50th anniversary of Universidad de Lima (October 2012); Yellow Rose of Texas State of Texas Service Award (2002); Certificate award from Office of Secretary of State of Texas as Director of SWT Team Texas Trade Mission (2000); Lifetime Certification in Secondary Education (1975); Biographical sketch: Life Time Member Awardee of Who's Who of America (2017); Named as member of Who's Who in American Education; American Women, and Who's Whom of Business Higher Education; articles: Journal of Brand Management, Journal of Marketing Education; and others; Experience Abroad: Japan; China; Hong Kong; Sweden; Norway; Germany; Holland; Italy; Switzerland; France; Spain; England; Morocco; Costa Rica; Mexico; Peru; Ecuador; Guatemala; Venezuela; Dominican Republic; Chile; Taiwan; Canada; Hawaii (U.S); Puerto Rico (U.S.)
Teaching InterestsBranding; International Marketing; Principles of Marketing; Retail Management; Marketing Cultural Weavers, environmentalism, sustainability, and inclusion of Native American Indians and Native Alaskans.
Research InterestsMarketing Cultural Weavers and Their Works; Branding of handwoven textiles and wearing apparel; international marketing education; marketing education; hand weaving, environmentalism, sustainability, and inclusion of Native American Indians and Native Alaskans.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Taylor, R. A. (2020). Reframing Delivery of Principles of Marketing: Moviing Bored Students to Board Room Employer-Needed Kick Ass Skilled Grads. Academy of Business Research Journal, 11.
- Taylor, R. A. (2020). Effectively Teaching Authentic Multicultural Marketing Courses: Understanding Goals, Discrimination and Disparities, and What Those with Urge to Make Can Learn from Indigenous Weaving Makers as Entrepreneurial Marketers (An Eight-Culture Study).
- Taylor, R. A. (n.d.). First-Generation College Students (FGCSs): Use of TextMapsTM /True-False Learning Method to Enhance College Readiness & Academic Competence to ‘Shoot for your Academic Moon.’ (Developed by a FGCS for FGCSs … and Others).
- Taylor, R. A. (2019, December). How Fabric Changed History Book Review by Ruth Taylor in Fort Worth Weaving Guild Newsletter. Fort Worth, Texas, USA: Fort Worth Weaving Guild Newletter.
- Taylor, R. A. (n.d.). Fulfilling multicultural marketing curricula goals with world discrimination, disparity, oppression and marginalization realism across eight cultures of indigenous hand weavers as small-scale entrepreneurial makers/marketers. Marketing Educators’ Association Conference.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, Marquis Who's Who. August 22, 2018 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Fulbright Specialist Teaching Award, U.S. Department of State. November 3, 2017 - November 26, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Permanent Designation as Honorary Professor of International Studies, Texas State University. April 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professional Biography Published, Marquis Who's Who in America - 73rd Edition. January 2019 - Present
- Award / Honor Nominee: Bedford Community School's Hall of Fame, Bedford Community School, Bedford, Iowal. December 2017 - Present
- Taylor, Ruth A. (Principal). Honorary Professor of International Studies Grant, International Studies Texas State University, Texas State University, $400.00. (Funded: 2017). Grant.
- Taylor, Ruth A. Verena & Kenneth J. Wilson Latin America Research Grant - Guatemala, Center for International Studies, Texas State University, Texas State University, $1000.00. (Funded: 2017). Grant.
- Taylor, Ruth A. Grant for International Studies, Center for International Studies, Texas State University, $250.00. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- Taylor, Ruth A. Grant to support attendance and paper presentation at ICERI, McCoy Faculty Development Grant, $1000. (Funded: September 2016). Grant.
- Taylor, Ruth A. Grant to support attendance and paper presentation at ICERI, Office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, $1890.00. (Funded: September 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Wiley Plus Advisory Panel
Reviewer / Referee
Fulbright Specialist Progam
Undergraduate Research Advisory Directory - Mentor
Department of Marketing Personnel Committee Revisions of Merit Policy MPPS
Request of Interim Department Chair Department of Marketing