Faculty Profile for Dr. Taewon Suh
Biography and EducationDr. Taewon Suh has taught at Texas State since 2003. He defines himself as a business designer, working to build up a solid bridge between academia and practice through innovation. Dr. Suh is transdisciplinary in research, conducting research in marketing and the relevant discipline areas such as entrepreneurship, industrial design, international business, technology & innovation management, and media. He is the recipient of the Gary V. Woods Research Award twice in 2007 and 2019.
Several dozens of his research articles have appeared in premier academic journals such as Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Service Research, Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Supply Chain Management, and Journal of Business Research, among others. According to Google Scholar, the citations of his publications are currently at about 3,000 as of September 2019.
Teaching InterestsInternational Marketing
Technology & Marketing
Research InterestsGlobal Entrepreneurship
AI, XR & Marketing
Business Model Innovation
Market Shaping and Innovation
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Suh, T. (n.d.). Emotionally exhausted employees strike back from the outside: Negative word-of-mouth as an employees’ active brand-oriented deviance in a negative event. Journal of Product & Brand Management.
- Suh, T., Jung, J., Zank, G. M., & Arend, R. J. (2019). Twofold Relationship Dynamics of Supplier’s Knowledge Sharing. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 34(4), 862–874.
- Suh, T., Kang, S., & Kemp, E. A. (2018). A Bayesian Network Approach to Juxtapose Brand Engagement and Behaviors of Substantive Interest in e-Services. Electronic Commerce Research.
- Suh, T. (2017). Exhibited trust and excessive knowledge specificity: A competitive altruism hypothesis. Industrial Marketing Management, 62(2), 51–60.
- Suh, T., Ford, J., Ryu, Y., & Kim, J. (2017). Enhancing the simultaneous utilization of measure in product design for academic-practitioner collaboration. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 26(3), 312–326.
- Award / Honor Recipient: The Gary V. Woods Research Award. 2018 - 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2020 Presidential Award For Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. March 2020 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: President's Faculty Development Leave Grant. 2017 - 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Conference Paper Award, American Advertising Academy. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean's Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. 2017
- Suh, Taewon. Faculty Developmental Leave Supplemental Award, Texas State University, $20000. (Funded: 2017 - 2018). Grant.
- Suh, Taewon. McCoy College Faculty Development Fund, Texas State University, $900. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Suh, Taewon. McCoy College Faculty Development Fund, Texas State University, $1499. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Suh, Taewon. McCoy College Faculty Development Fund, Texas State University, $2453. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Wilson, Rick T. (Co-Principal), Suh, Taewon (Co-Principal). Technology and Advertising: Improving Media Planning and Audience Measurement, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $15980. (Submitted: September 2014, Funded: December 2014 - November 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Internet & E-Commerce
International Division, Korea Internet e-Commerce Association
Entrepreneurial Innovators Group