Faculty Profile for Dr. Jeremy J Sierra
Teaching InterestsMarketing Management
Research InterestsBrand Tribalism
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Sierra, J. J., & Taute, H. A. (n.d.). Brand Tribalism in Technology and Sport: Determinants and Outcomes. Journal of Brand Management.
- Badrinarayanan, V., & Sierra, J. (n.d.). Triggering and Tempering Brand Advocacy by Frontline Employees: Vendor and Customer-Related Influences.
- Sierra, J. J., Hyman, M. R., & Turri, A. M. (2018). Nostalgia and Astrometry as Precursors of Superstitious Beliefs - An Abstract. In N. Krey & P. Rossi (Eds.), Back to the Future: Using Marketing Basics to Provide Customer Value. Proceedings of the 2017 Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference (pp. 287–288). Coronado, CA: Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference.
- Badrinarayanan, V. A., & Sierra, J. J. (n.d.). Inferred Social Approval and Brand Tribalism: A Tale of Two Communities,. Journal of Product and Brand Management.
- Lee, B.-K., Suh, T., & Sierra, J. J. (n.d.). Understanding the Effects of Physical Images on Viewers in Social Comparison Contexts: A Multi-Study Approach. Journal of Promotion Management.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Highly Commended Paper, Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Paper, Journal of Product & Brand Management. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Stephen R. “Steve” Gregg, Sr. Excellence Professorship, McCoy College of Business at Texas State. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business. 2014
Selected Service Activities
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Merit Policy Committee
Editorial Review Board Member
Psychology & Marketing
VBS Classroom Leader
Shepherd of the Hills Church