Faculty Profile for Dr. Cecilia C Temponi
Biography and EducationDr. Cecilia Temponi is a Full Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas. She has over twelve years of national and international industry experience in several sectors of the economy - including oil, software, and consulting - and at various levels of management. She has a BS in Chemical Engineering from “La Universidad del Zulia”, Venezuela; a MS in Industrial Engineering from Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana; an MBA from St. Mary’s University, Texas; and a PhD in Industrial Engineering – emphasis Operations Management/Supply Chain from The University of Texas.
Her research experience, interests and major contributions are in Enterprise Modeling of Manufacturing and Business Processes (Quantitative and Qualitative), Scalable Enterprise Systems Management, Supply Chain Management, and Quality - - continuous improvement models for industrial and academic organizations. Her publications have appeared in journals such as European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Journal of Quality Assurance, Decision Sciences, IEEE Transactions, and other such journals. She is an active member in professional organizations such as the Academy of Management, IEEE, I4E2 and ILS, where she is one of the members of the Board of Trustee of the Permanent Advisory Board. Cross-disciplinary and international academic collaborations are one of her main strengths. She has been an Associate Editor as well as a Guest Editor for several high-quality international journals.
Teaching InterestsSupply Chain Management
Operations Management/Strategic Sourcing
Process Improvement Management
Research InterestsDemand Driven Supply Chain Networks
Supply Chain Management: Risk, Suppliers, Strategic Sourcing, and Financials
Supply Chain and Sustainability
ERP and Supply Chain topics
Quality in Supply Chain Systems.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Charles, J., & Temponi, C. (1998). Collective Decision Making on Locally Undesirable Land Use. Journal of Environmental Systems, 26(2), 137–146.
- Pham, A., Jin, T., Novoa, C. M., & Temponi, C. C. (2018). A Prosumerism Approach to Production-Inventory Planning under Bi-directional Energy Flow. In International Conference on Information Systems, Logistics and Supply Chain (ILS 2018) (pp. 1–8).
- Kandil, H., Hammami, R., & Temponi, C. C. (2018). Effect of dynamic taxation on emission intensity. Elsevier.
- Temponi, C. C. (2017). Springer: Special Issue for ILS 2016 (Vol. 262). Netherlands: Springer.
- Temponi, C., & Botta-Genoulaz, V. (2017). ERP Challenges in the Supply Chain for Small and Medium Business (Vol. 47th, p. 9). Computers in Industrial Engineering.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Awards, President. February 2018 - June 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Excellence Awards, Office of the President. February 2018 - June 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professors for 2017, Honors Graduate Students Organization at Texas State University. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nominated to the ECIA Foundation Board of Directors, Electronics Components Industry Association. August 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Research Activities, Texas State University. 2013
- Temponi, Cecilia C. Attend to ILS 2018 to fulfill my functions as a Permanent Board member and as a Chair of the Industrial Committee of ILS 2018, McCoy College of Business, McCoy Foundation, $4000.00. (Submitted: September 2017, Funded: July 2018). Grant.
- Temponi, Cecilia. Attend to ILS 2016 to fulfill my functions as a Permanent Board member and as a Chair of the Scientific Committee of ILS 2016, McCoy Foundation, Texas State University. (Submitted: September 2015, Funded: May 28, 2016 - June 6, 2016). Grant.
- Temponi, Cecilia (Principal). Faculty Development, McCoy Foundation, Texas State University, $1985.00. (Funded: November 2011 - December 2011). Grant.
- Temponi, Cecilia. Bring two high profile speakers to the Supply Chain Management course, McCoy Grant Committee, Texas State University. (Funded: January 2008 - May 2008). Grant.
- Temponi, Cecilia. Supply Chain Council seminar on State of the Art Models for Supply Chain Management, McCoy Grant Committee, Texas State University. (Funded: January 2008 - May 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Yoga for Kids (5-11) at Yoga-Yoga
Hispanic Business Student Association
Hooding Ceremony Attendee
McCoy Hooding Ceremony
Semester College Faculty Meeting