Faculty Profile for Dr. Jana Roberta Minifie
Biography and EducationDirector, Service-Learning Excellence Program, Fall 2015-Present
•Business Plan Development
•Business Plan Implementation
•Small Business Marketing
Research Interests• Small Business
* Health Care E-Marketing
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Minifie, J. R., & Park, H. (2020). CH 11: Service-Learning Volunteerism Reboot: A Case Study of a Funded Community-Engaged Scholarship. In Preparing Students for Community-Engaged Scholarship in Higher Education. USA: IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-7998-2208-0
- Minifie, J. R., Irvin, J. A., & Thompson, W. G. (n.d.). Texas State NSF I-Corps Experiential Program.
- Minifie, J. R., & Park, H. (n.d.). Service-Learning Volunteerism Reboot: A Case Study of a Funded Community Engaged Scholarship. In Preparing Students for Community-Engaged Scholarship in Higher Education.
- Minifie, J. R., & Irvin, J. A. (2018, October 15). Faculty Research Spotlight: Business and Science Collaboration Is Key to Successful NSF I-Corps Grant. Engaging Research. San Marcos, TX: Texas State University OAVPR.
- Minifie, J., Bell, J., & Zhang, Y. (2018). Recruiting at Campus Job Fairs: Matching Candidate to Industry Requirements. Journal of Behavioral and Applied Management, 18(1), 33–46. Retrieved from https://jbam.scholasticahq.com/
- Award / Honor Recipient: Barshop Excellence Professor In Entrepreneurship, McCoy Foundation. January 2016 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper, SBDC Track, Small Business Institute. February 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: President's Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business. August 27, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Practice SBDC Award Presentation, Small Business Institute. February 13, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. March 24, 2014
- Minifie, Jana Roberta (Principal), Zhao, Jeffrey Yefeng (Co-Principal). Women's Entrepreneurship Boot Camps, Texas Workforce Commission, State, $55306. (Funded: July 2019 - July 2020). Grant.
- Irvin, Jennifer A (Principal), Minifie, Jana Roberta (Co-Principal). Type I: Texas State I-Corps Site for Entrepreneurship, National Science Foundation, Federal, $254107. (Submitted: February 8, 2018, Funded: October 1, 2018 - September 30, 2021). Grant.
- Middlebrook, Bill (Co-Principal), Minifie, Jana (Co-Principal). How Public Schools are influencing our Business Leaders of Tomorrow, McCoy Grant Committee, Texas State University. (Funded: 2005 - 2006). Grant.
- Dietert, Judy, Minifie, Jana, Wardrope, William. A Study of Organizational Culture in South Texas, CBA Research Grant, Texas State University, $1000.00. (Funded: 2005). Grant.
- Dietert, Judy, Minifie, Jana. Longitudinal Study of Small Businesses, CBA Research Grant, Texas State University, $1000.00. (Funded: 2005). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Greater San Marcos Partnership - Entrepreneurial Committee
Women's Entrepreneurship Week
Advisory Board Member
Council for Community and Interdisciplinary Research Groups
Task Force Member
EverGreen Advisory Board