Faculty Profile for Dr. Jana Roberta Minifie
Biography and EducationDirector, Service-Learning Excellence Program, Fall 2015-Present
•Business Plan Development
•Business Plan Implementation
•Small Business Marketing
Research Interests• Small Business
* Health Care E-Marketing
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Irvin, J. A., Minifie, J. R., Runsewe, D. O., & Thompson, W. G. (2021). Best Practices of Small Business Development Centers with Host Institutions. Small Business Institute Journal, 17(1). https://doi.org/10.53703/001c.28167
- Minifie, J. R., Davis, P. E., Richmond, P. A., & Daugherty, G. (2021). Online Entrepreneurial Training Materials.
- Minifie, J. R., & Park, H. (2020). CH 11: Service-Learning Volunteerism Reboot: A Case Study of a Funded Community-Engaged Scholarship. In Preparing Students for Community-Engaged Scholarship in Higher Education. USA: IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-7998-2208-0
- Minifie, J. R., Irvin, J. A., & Thompson, W. G. (2019). Texas State NSF I-Corps Experiential Program.
- Minifie, J. R., & Park, H. (2019). Service-Learning Volunteerism Reboot: A Case Study of a Funded Community Engaged Scholarship. In Preparing Students for Community-Engaged Scholarship in Higher Education.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Barshop Excellence Professor In Entrepreneurship, McCoy Foundation. January 2016 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper, SBDC Track, Small Business Institute. February 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: President's Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business. August 27, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Practice SBDC Award Presentation, Small Business Institute. February 13, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. March 24, 2014
- Minifie, Jana Roberta (Principal), Zhao, Jeffrey Yefeng (Co-Principal). Women's Entrepreneurship Boot Camps, Texas Workforce Commission, State, $55306. (Funded: July 2019 - December 31, 2020). Grant.
- Irvin, Jennifer A (Principal), Minifie, Jana Roberta (Co-Principal). Texas State University I-Corps Site for Entrepreneurship (Supplement 2), National Science Foundation, Federal, $50820. (Submitted: May 7, 2021, Funded: July 14, 2021 - September 30, 2022). Grant.
- Wang, Feng (Principal), Luo, Xiaohua (Co-Principal), Minifie, Jana Roberta (Co-Principal), Gong, Haitao (Supporting), Tao, Jueqiang (Supporting). StarImage: cost-effectiveness improved automated pavement condition survey system, NSF, Federal, $50000. (Submitted: August 27, 2020, Funded: January 2021 - January 2022). Grant.
- Minifie, Jana Roberta. Business Plan Development Workshops, Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area, Federal, $50000. (Funded: January 1, 2021 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Irvin, Jennifer A (Principal), Minifie, Jana Roberta (Co-Principal). Type I: Texas State I-Corps Site for Entrepreneurship, National Science Foundation, Federal, $254107. (Submitted: February 8, 2018, Funded: October 1, 2018 - September 30, 2021). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Women's Entrepreneurship Week
September 2017-December 2020
Women in Business
National Society of Leadership and Success
Task Force Member
EverGreen Advisory Board