Faculty Profile for Dr. Brian Miller
Teaching Interests* Human Resources Management
* Organizational Behavior
* Research Methods
Research Interests* Applied psychometrics
* Latent variable modeling
* Maladaptive traits and attitudes
* Subjective well-being
* Stigmatized employees
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Miller, B. K., Zivnuska, S., & Kacmar, K. M. (2019). Self-perception and life satisfaction. Personality and Individual Differences, 139, 321–325.
- Miller, B. K., Nicols, K. M., Clark, S., Daniels, A., & Grant, W. (2018). Meta-analysis of coefficient alpha for scores on the Narcissistic Personality Inventory. PLOS One, 13(12), e0208331. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0208331
- Miller, B. K., & Adair, E. A. (2018). Reliability Generalization. In Encyclopedia of Sociology, 2nd. ed.
- Miller, B. (2016). Entitlement. In V. Zeigler-Hill & T. K. Shackelford (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Personality and Individual Differences.
- Miller, B., & Gallagher, D. G. (2016). Examining Trait Entitlement Using the Self-Other Knowledge Asymmetry Model. Personality and Individual Differences, 92, 113–117.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Graduate Faculty Member, McCoy Graduate Students. May 17, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: AAUA Jerome L. Neuner Award for Excellence in Professional-Scholarly Publication, American Association of University Administrators. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Gary Woods Research Award, McCoy College of Business Administration. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Research, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Runner-up for Presidential Excellence Award for Scholarly/Creative Activities, President's Office. 2011
- Miller, Brian (Principal), Konopaske, Robert (Co-Principal). Impact of Quality Control Items on Scale Reliability for Self-Repor Measures Surveys, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $13898. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Miller, Brian. McCoy Research Committee, Texas State University, $2371. (Funded: 2008). Grant.
- Miller, Brian. McCoy Faculty Development Grant, Texas State University, $2337. (Funded: 2007). Grant.
- Miller, Brian. Research Grant, McCoy Research Committee, Texas State University, $1992. (Funded: 2007). Grant.
- Miller, Brian. McCoy Faculty Development Grant, Texas State University, $470. (Funded: 2006). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Organizational Behavior
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Managerial Psychology
Associate Editor for Methodology
Group and Organization Management
Brown Bag Research Colloquium Coordinator
Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer