Faculty Profile for Dr. Rob Konopaske
Biography and EducationAssociate professor of management with 19 years of experience in academia. Director of the Institute for Global Business for past 3 years. Work experience in non-profit and private sectors. Ph.D. in Business Administration from the University of Houston, master in International Business Studies degree from the University of South Carolina, and Bachelor of Arts degree from Rutgers College, Rutgers University.
Teaching Interests• Management of Organizations
• International Human Resource Management
• Cross-cultural Human Relations
• Human Resource Management
• Staffing and Selection
• Organization Behavior
• International Management
Research Interests• Changing Nature of Expatriate & Global Assignments
• Generational Differences in the Workplace
• Willingness to Relocate Internationally
• Discriminatory Selection/Promotion Methods
• Travel Stress
• White Collar Crime and Corruption
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Miller, B. K., Nicols, K. M., & Konopaske, A. R. (2019). Measurement invariance tests of revisions to archaically worded items in the Mach IV scale. PLOS One, 14(10), e0223504. (Journal Ranking = A, 2018 Impact Factor = 2.776).
- Bateman, T. S., Snell, S. A., & Konopaske, A. R. (2019). M: Management 6e. New York, New York, United States: McGraw-Hill Education. Retrieved from https://www.amazon.com/M-Management-Thomas-Bateman/dp/1260062880
- Bateman, T., Snell, S., & Konopaske, A. R. (2019). Management: Leading & Collaborating in a Competitive World. Burr Ridge, IL, USA: MH Education.
- Bateman, T., Snell, S., & Konopaske, A. R. (2018). M: Management 5e. New York, New York, USA: McGraw-Hill.
- Konopaske, R., Kirby, E., & Kirby, S. (2017). Positive Disposition in the Prediction of Strategic Independence Among Millennials. Administrative Sciences, 7(4), 1–13. https://doi.org/10.3390/admsci7040038
- Award / Honor Recipient: Student Foundation's of Excellence Award, Dean of Students Office, Texas State University. September 26, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Beta Kappa Society - Founded in 1776. May 15, 1986
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor for Fall 2018, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. November 9, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: President's Reception for Faculty Authors, President Denise Trauth & Office of Special Projects. October 6, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Hooded Jessica St. John and Sierra Fallin at McCoy College Graduate Hooting Ceremony. May 2018
- Miller, Brian (Principal), Konopaske, Robert (Co-Principal). Impact of Quality Control Items on Scale Reliability for Self-Report Measures in Surveys, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $13898. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Konopaske, Robert. Grant is for 2017 Veterans Interview Workshop & Training Event, State Farm Insurance Co., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5000. (Funded: March 2017 - May 2017). Grant.
- Konopaske, Robert. McCoy College of Business Summer Research, McCoy Grant Committee, Texas State University. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
International Advisory Council - Texas State University
February 4, 2020-Present
Advisory Board for Education Abroad
November 7, 2018-Present
Export Fellows Certification Program
September 15, 2017-Present
Academic Program Director
McCoy Graduate Study Abroad program to Lima
September 15, 2017-Present
Institute for Global Business
September 1, 2017-Present