Faculty Profile for Dr. Eric Kirby
Teaching Interests•Strategic Management
Research Interests•Impact of Social Norms on Organizational Performance
•Practices in the Middle Ages
•Strategic Conformity in the Healthcare Industry
•Strategic Behaviors effecting Individual Performance
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kirby, E. G. (2018). Patient centered care and turnover in hospice care organizations. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 41(1), 26–51.
- Konopaske, R., Kirby, E., & Kirby, S. (2017). Positive Disposition in the Prediction of Strategic Independence Among Millennials. Administrative Sciences, 7(4), 1–13. https://doi.org/10.3390/admsci7040038
- Kirby, E., Konopaske, R., & Kirby, S. (2016). The impact of strategic independence and mentoring on entrepreneurial orientation. International Review of Entrepreneurship, 14(2), 1–20.
- Kirby, E., & Kirby, S. (2015). Competitiveness and the impact of ethical orientation. Journal of Strategic Management Education, 11, 1–18.
- Kirby, E. (2012). Strategic groups and outcomes in the US hospice care industry. Journal of Health Organization and Management, 26(5), 641–654.
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Business Administration Advisory Council Teaching Excellence Award, Texas State University, 2012-2013. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Global Forum Best Symposium, Academy of Management MED Division. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, President's Office. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, McCoy College Nominee, Texas State University, 2008-2009. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excelence in Scholarly Activities, McCoy College Nominee, Texas State University, 2006-2007. 2007
- Kirby, Eric. Doctoral Student Research Grant, 1995, University of Kentucky, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $350. Grant.
- Kirby, Eric. Faculty Development Grant, 1999, University of Texas - Pan American, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1200. Grant.
- Kirby, Eric. Faculty Research Grant, 2001, Texas State University, Texas State University, $500. Grant.
- Kirby, Eric. Faculty research Grant, 2002, Texas State University, Texas State University, $750. Grant.
- Kirby, Eric. Faculty Research Grant, 2005, Texas State University, Texas State University, $500. Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Academy of Management Confrence Session Chair
College Review Group
Department of Management Journal Ranking
Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer
Journal of Sport Management
Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer