Faculty Profile for Dr. Diego E Vacaflores Rivero
Biography and EducationDr. Diego E. Vacaflores R. is Assistant Professor of Economics at Texas State University – San Marcos. He received his Ph.D. from Texas A&M University, his Masters in economics from the University of Akron, and his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford.
Latin American Economics
Emerging Market Economies
Research InterestsCapital Flows
Foreign Direct Investment
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Vacaflores, D. E. (2018). Beyond Altruism and Self-Interest: The Growing Importance of External Factors in the Determination of Remittances Flowing to Latin America. The International Economic Journal, 32(2), 235–255. https://doi.org/10.1080/10168737.2018.1478867
- Vacaflores Rivero, D. E. (2018). Are Remittances Helping Lower Poverty and Inequality Levels in Latin America? Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 68, 254–265.
- Vacaflores, D., Mogab, J., & Kishan, R. (2017). Does FDI Really Affect Employment in Host Countries? Subsidiary Level Evidence. The Journal of Developing Areas, 51(2), 205–220. https://doi.org/10.1353/jda.2017.0040
- Vacaflores, D., & Beckworth, D. (2015). Latin American Remittances Dependence on External Shocks. Applied Econometrics and International Development, 15(2), 115–133. Retrieved from www.usc.es/economet/info.htm
- Escobari, D., & Vacaflores, D. (2014). Expectations and the Dynamic Feedback between Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth. International Economic Journal, 29(1), 121–136. Retrieved from www4.uwm.edu/letsci/research/iejournal/
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2018 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 28, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Aweard for Excellence in Service, Department of Finance and Economics. May 1, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business Administration. December 10, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Stephany Goodbread Faculty Advisor of the Year, The Honors College, Texas State University. June 10, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Research, Department of Finance and Economics. May 2014
- Vacaflores, Diego. Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium modelling, McCoy College Faculty Development Grant, Texas State University, $4375. (Submitted: September 16, 2016, Funded: October 15, 2016 - July 15, 2017). Grant.
- Vacaflores, Diego. McCoy College Faculty Development Grant, Mc Coy College, Texas State University, Texas State University, $3805. (Submitted: September 22, 2014, Funded: October 15, 2014 - July 15, 2015). Grant.
- Mogab, John (Co-Principal), Kishan, Ruby (Co-Principal), Vacaflores, Diego (Co-Principal). Labor Regulations and Foreign Direct Investment in Europe, Texas State University, $10024. (Submitted: September 2011, Funded: January 2012 - March 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
August 15, 2017-Present
July 15, 2017-Present
August 15, 2016-Present
University Lecturers Committee
August 15, 2016-Present
Reviewer, Journal Article
Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance
July 15, 2016-Present