Faculty Profile for Dr. Diego E Vacaflores Rivero
Biography and EducationDr. Diego E. Vacaflores R. is Professor of Economics and Associate Dean for Graduate Programs at McCoy College of Business, Texas State University. He received his Ph.D. from Texas A&M University, his Masters in economics from the University of Akron, and his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford.
Latin American Economics
Emerging Market Economies
Research InterestsCapital Flows
Foreign Direct Investment
Economic Growth and Development
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Vacaflores, D., & Dennis, J. W. (2019). Remittances, Output, and Exchange Rate Regimes: Theory with an Application to Latin America. Southern Economic Journal, 86(3), 1170–1191. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1002/soej.12399
- Vacaflores Rivero, D. E., & LeSage, J. (2020). Spillover effects in adoption of Cash Transfer Programs by Latin American countries. Journal of Geographical Systems, 22(2), 177–199.
- Vacaflores Rivero, D. E. (2019). En busqueda del Tapao: la Historia Economica de Latinoamerica. Tarija, Tarija, Bolivia: La Pluma del Escribano.
- Vacaflores, D. E. (2018). Beyond Altruism and Self-Interest: The Growing Importance of External Factors in the Determination of Remittances Flowing to Latin America. The International Economic Journal, 32(2), 235–255. Retrieved from https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10168737.2018.1478867
- Vacaflores Rivero, D. E. (2018). Are Remittances Helping Lower Poverty and Inequality Levels in Latin America? Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 68, 254–265. Retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1062976917301722
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Teaching, Department of Finance and Economics. May 8, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2018 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 28, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Service, Department of Finance and Economics. May 1, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business Administration. December 10, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Stephany Goodbread Faculty Advisor of the Year, The Honors College, Texas State University. June 10, 2015
- Vacaflores, Diego. Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium modelling, McCoy College Faculty Development Grant, Texas State University, $4375. (Submitted: September 16, 2016, Funded: October 15, 2016 - July 15, 2017). Grant.
- Vacaflores, Diego. McCoy College Faculty Development Grant, Mc Coy College, Texas State University, Texas State University, $3805. (Submitted: September 22, 2014, Funded: October 15, 2014 - July 15, 2015). Grant.
- Mogab, John (Co-Principal), Kishan, Ruby (Co-Principal), Vacaflores, Diego (Co-Principal). Labor Regulations and Foreign Direct Investment in Europe, Texas State University, $10024. (Submitted: September 2011, Funded: January 2012 - March 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
McCoy College Global Programing & Orientation Task Force
January 22, 2021-Present
General Education Council
August 15, 2013-Present
Economics Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
October 15, 2020-May 15, 2021
Reviewer / Referee
Economic Change and Restructuring
June 5, 2020-October 26, 2020
Reviewer / Referee
Southern Economic Journal
May 12, 2020-August 12, 2020