Faculty Profile for Dr. Dean Showalter
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Showalter, D., & Jensen, R. (n.d.). University Startup Intensity and Faculty Quality. Economic Inquiry.
- Showalter, D. (2010). Entry deterrence through credit denial. International Review of Economics and Finance, 19(4), 539–554.
- Pavlik, R., & Showalter, D. (2004). Initial public offering underpricing–who actually pays? (pp. 411–416). Emerging Issues in Business and Technology (refereed proceedings).
- Jensen, R., & Showalter, D. (2004). Strategic debt and patent races. International Journal of Industrial Organization, volume 22(issue 7), 887–1039.
- Showalter, D. (1999). Debt as an entry deterrent in Bertrand price competition. Canadian Journal of Economics, 32(4), 1069–1081.
Selected Service Activities
MS in Quantitative Finance and Economics Proposal Committee
ECO 2314 Core Course Coordinator
Graduate Core Course Coordinators Committee
Chair Search Committee
September 2017-August 2018
Reviewer, Journal Article