Faculty Profile for Dr. Ivilina T Popova
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Popova, I. T., Jia, Y., Simkins, B., & Wang, Q. (n.d.). Second and Higher Moments of Fundamentals: A Literature Review. European Financial Management.
- Popova, I. T., Dokov, S., & Morton, D. (2017). Mean variance skewness kurtosis efficiency of portfolios computed via moment based bounds. INHA University in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Popova, I. T., Byers, J., & Simkins, B. (2017). The impact of outliers on computing risk measures for crude oil and natural gas commodity futures prices. USAEE/IAEE North America.
- Popova, I., & Simkins, B. (2015). As Easy as OTC. Energy Risk, (October 2015), 72–77.
- Popova, I., & Simkins, B. (2015). OTC vs. Exchange Traded Derivatives and Their Impact on Hedging Effectiveness and Corporate Capital Requirements. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 27(1).
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2016 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, McCoy College of Business Administration. May 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Research, Department of Finance and Economics. May 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nominated: Alpha Chi Favorite Professors, Alpha Chi. May 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Elected: Bulgarian Academy of Arts and Sciences. October 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2014 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. August 2014
- Popova, Ivilina. General Mixture Design of Experiments and Monte Carlo Sampling for Portfolio Optimization, Brazilian Government, Federal, $10000. (Funded: September 2014 - December 2014). Grant.
- Popova, Ivilina (Principal). Trading in presence of cointegration, Texas State University - San Marcos, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: 2010 - 2011). Grant.