Faculty Profile for Dr. Ken Moon
Biography and EducationEarned my Ph.D. from Texas Tech University. Am a founding member of the McCoy Student Managed Investment Fund. I also teach in a study abroad program in Prague focusing on investing in emerging markets.
Teaching InterestsCorporate Finance; Investments; Portfolio Management; Student Managed Investment Fund.
Research InterestsRetirement Savings; Corporate Finance; Economic Policies; Financial Planning Issues.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Chittenden, W. T., Lesseig, V., & Moon, K. (2018). Do Interest-Only Mortgages Really Make Sense for Investors? Journal of Personal Finance, 17(1), 21–31.
- Moon, K., & LeSage, J. (2013). Simultaneous Dependence Between Firm-Level Stock Returns. Journal of Economics and Finance, 37(4), 479–494. Retrieved from http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12197-011-9188-5
- Beckworth, D., Moon, K., & Toles, H. (2012). Can Monetary Policy Influence Long-Term Interest Rates? It Depends. Economic Inquiry, 50(4), 1080–1096. Retrieved from onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1465-7295.2011.00412.x/full
- Moon, K., & LeSage, J. (2011). Revisiting the Question --- Does Corporate Headquarters Location Matter for Stock Returns? Applied Economics Letters, 18(6), 505–508. Retrieved from www.tandf.co.uk/
- Moon, K., & Tanner, G. (2010). “Using Mortgage Rates to Explain Risk Premiums in an Introductory Finance Course.” Journal of Instructional Techniques in Finance.
- Award / Honor Recipient
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Research Award, Department of Finance and Economics. May 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 15, 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 15, 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, Southwestern Finance Association. March 15, 2003
Selected Service Activities
Assistant Department Chair
January 1, 2016-Present
Departmental Family Campaign Coordinator
January 15, 2014-Present
University Curriculum Committee
August 22, 2013-Present
Academy of Business Education
September 1, 2011-Present
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
August 15, 2011-Present