Faculty Profile for Dr. John (Jack) Mogab
Teaching InterestsComparative Economic Systems, Emerging Market Economies, International Economics, Principles of Macroeconomics
Research InterestsForeign investment analysis, law and economics
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Vacaflores, D., Mogab, J., & Kishan, R. (2017). Does FDI Really Affect Employment in Host Countries? Subsidiary Level Evidence. The Journal of Developing Areas, 51(2), 205–220. https://doi.org/10.1353/jda.2017.0040
- Mogab, J., Kishan, R., & Vacaflores, D. (2013). Labor Market Rigidity And Foreign Direct Investment: The Case Of Europe. Applied Econometrics and International Development, 13(1), 35–54. Retrieved from www.usc.es/economet/aeid.htm#Vol13-1
- Pattison, P., & Mogab, J. (2011). A Comparison of U.S. and Chilean Labor and Employment Law. ALSB Journal of Employment and Labor Law, 12(1), 22–38. Retrieved from www.eiu.edu/~alsb
- Wuest, B., Welkey, S., Mogab, J., & Nicols, K. (2008). Consumer shopping preferences: Similarities and differences among three generations. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, 100(1), 31–37.
- Mogab, J. (2007). Study Guide for use with Principles of Economics (Frank/Bernanke) (3rd Edition). McGraw Hill, Irwin Publishers, Inc.
- Award / Honor Recipient: McCoy College Dean Nominee for Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business Administration. April 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Service, Dept. of Finance and Economics. April 30, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: McCoy College Dean Nominee for Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business Administration. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Honory Professor of International Studies, International Studies Program, Texas State University-San Marcos. 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Departmental Teaching Award, Department of Finance and Economics, Texas State University-San Marcos. 2005
- Mogab, John (Co-Principal), Kishan, Ruby (Co-Principal), Vacaflores, Diego (Co-Principal). Labor Regulations and Foreign Direct Investment in Europe, Texas State University, $10024. (Submitted: September 2011, Funded: January 2012 - March 2013). Grant.
- Becerra, Enrique P, Mogab, John W, Blanco, Ivan, Yi, Ha Chin, Zank, Gail Marie. Business and International Education Program Grant, U.S. Dept. of Education, Federal, $163233. (Funded: 2006 - 2009). Grant.
- Mogab, John W, Temponi, Cecilia C. Development of International Studies at TSU, US Department of Education, Federal, $193000. (Funded: September 2001 - August 2003). Grant.
- Temponi, Cecilia C, Mogab, John W. Development of International Studies at TSU, US Department of Education, Federal, $163000. (Funded: June 1999 - August 2001). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Interamerican Studies Board of Advisors
Study Abroad Advisory Committee
Honor Code Council
Students in International Business