Faculty Profile for Dr. Janet Hale
Biography and EducationDr. Janet Riola Hale holds her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Saint Mary’s School of Law in San Antonio, Texas. She teaches Business Law at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas in the Department of Finance and Economics at Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg in Germany and Jiao Tong University in China.
Dr. Hale focuses on commercial, international and sustainability laws at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Her Bachelor of Arts degree is in Philosophy from the University of Arkansas where she was co-captain of a nationally ranked Division-I swim team; and, her Master of Arts degree is from Baylor University where Dr. Hale specialized in classical aesthetics. https://www.linkedin.com/in/janet-riola-hale-49075010?trk=hp-identity-name
Research InterestsSustainability, Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) United Nations.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- McMoran, A., Ericksen, M., Waliczek, T. M., & Hale, J. (2018). Reduce, reuse, regrow. SXSW Interactive Conference and Fair.
- Waliczek, T. M., & Hale, J. (2017). Best practices for minimizing waste on college and university campuses.
- Pattison, P., Hale, J., & Gowens, P. (2011). Mind and Soul: Connecting with Students. Journal of Legal Studies Education, 28(1), 39–66. Retrieved from alsb.org
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mentor of the Year, Student Organization Council. April 2018 - May 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Shell Future of Energy Challenge, Shell. November 2017 - May 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Up to Us, Peter G. Peterson Foundation. October 2017 - May 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Better Money Habits--top ranked university, Bank of America. November 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Gold Chapter for 6th year, McCoy College Bobcat Net Impact Student Organization. November 2016
- Hale, Janet Riola (Principal). UN North America Conference, McCoy College Faculty Development Proposal, Institutional (Higher Ed), $2000. (Funded: 2019). Grant.
- Hale, Janet. Roundtable 360, 9th Annual, McCoy EDS Committee, Common Experience, Net Impact Local, Institutional (Higher Ed), $2000. (Funded: 2018). Grant.
- Hale, Janet. Roundtable 360, Ethics, Diversity and Sustainability McCoy Committee, Texas State University, $1150. (Funded: October 2013 - Present). Grant.
- Hale, Janet. Roundtable 360, McCoy College Net Impact Student Organization, Texas State University, $500. (Funded: October 2013 - Present). Grant.
- Hale, Janet. Energy Audits--Greening of Campus, Merrick Fund, Texas State University, $5000. (Submitted: January 2012, Funded: March 2012 - November 2012). Grant.