Faculty Profile for Dr. Li Feng
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Feng, L., Figlio, D., & Sass, T. (2018). School accountability and teacher mobility. Journal of Urban Economics, 103, 1–17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jue.2017.11.001
- Osborne-Lampkin, L., Cohen-Vogel, L., Feng, L., & Wilson, J. J. (2017). Researching Collective Bargaining Agreements: Building Conceptual Understanding in an Era of Declining Union Power. Educational Policy, 32(2), 152–188. https://doi.org/10.1177/0895904817745378
- Feng, L., & Sass, T. R. (2017). The Impact of Incentives to Recruit and Retain Teachers in “Hard-to-Staff” Subjects. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 37(1), 112–135. https://doi.org/10.1002/pam.22037
- Feng, L., & Gai, Y. (2017). Relationship between pharmacist density and adult influenza vaccination after controlling for individual and neighborhood effects. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association, 57(4), 474–482.e12.
- Shen, M., Gai, Y., & Feng, L. (2016). Limited Access to Healthcare among Hispanics in the US-Mexico Border Region. American Journal of Health Behavior, 40(5), 624–633.
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Research Award, McCoy College of Business Administration. September 1, 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Department of Finance and Economics Research Award, Department of Finance and Economics. May 5, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction for Research, Texas State University. August 22, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Gary V. Woods Research Award, the McCoy College of Business Administration. August 22, 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2012 Dean Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly and Creative Actitivies, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 24, 2012
- Feng, Li (Co-Principal). Assessing the Impact of Texas Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Academies on Students' Learning Environments, Educational Outcomes, and Career Path Decisions, National Science Foundation, Federal, $589407. (Funded: July 1, 2018 - March 31, 2020). Grant.
- Feng, Li (Supporting), Chen, Xiao (Principal), Ekin, Tahir (Supporting), Musal, Rasim (Supporting). Enabling and Improving Data-Driven Research at Texas State University, National Science Foundation, Federal, $499896.00. (Funded: October 1, 2014 - September 30, 2017). Grant.
- Feng, Li (Co-Principal), Sass, Tim (Principal). The Impact of Incentives to Recruit and Retain Teachers in “Hard-to-Staff”Subjects: An Analysis of the Florida Critical Teacher Shortage Program, Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education, Federal, $495575. (Submitted: September 16, 2010, Funded: August 15, 2011 - December 30, 2014). Grant.
- Feng, Li (Co-Principal), Sass, Tim R. (Principal). The Effects of Teacher Preparation and Professional Development on Special Education Teacher Quality, The U.S. Department of Education, Institute for Education Sciences, Federal, $640044. (Funded: August 1, 2007 - July 31, 2010). Grant.
- Feng, Li, Chih, Yao-Yu. Hispanic-Serving Institutions and STEM College Graduates: Regression Discontinuity Evidence, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $16000. (Submitted: October 1, 2015, Funded: December 4, 2015 - May 7, 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
University Curriculum Committee
September 1, 2018-Present
M.S. Degree Proposal Development Team
Education Policy and Outcome Interdisciplinary Research Interest Group
November 3, 2017-Present
ECO 3314 AACSB Assessment Coordinator
September 1, 2012-Present
AACSB Assurance of Learning Committee