Faculty Profile for Dr. Jonathan David Bible
Biography and EducationDirector of Legal Services, Texas Association of School Boards, 1978-80. Assistant Attorney General of Texas, 1980-85. Texas State University since 1985
Teaching InterestsBusiness and Employment Law
Research InterestsConstitutional and Employment Law
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Bible, J. D. (2017). Hively v. Ivy Tech Community College: Title VII Prohibits Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation. Business Law Today, April, 2017.
- Bible, J. (n.d.). A Mixed Bag: 2015 Supreme Court Term Produces Wins and Losses for Business in “Pocketbook” Cases. Business Law Today.
- Bible, J. (2015). Integrity Staffing Solutions, Inc. v. Busk: Employee Time Spent in Security Screenings Not Compensable Work under FLSA. Business Law Today. Retrieved from www.americanbar.org
- Bible, J. (2014). Wet Ones: Conservative Fifth Circuit Adopts Gender-Stereotyping Theory of Same-Sex Sexual Harassment. Labor Law Journal, 65(3), 127–135.
- Bible, J. (2014). EEOC v. Boh Brothers: Conserative Fifth Circuit Approves Gender Stereotyping Theory in Same-sex Discrimination Cases. Business Law Today, 23(July 17, 2014). Retrieved from www.americanbar.org/publications/blt
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Service Award, Department of Finance and Economics. May 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: One of Top Ten Articles of 2013, American Bar Association. August 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2011 Dean Nominee for Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, McCoy College Dean. August 23, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Finance and Economics Teaching Award, Dept. of Finance and Economics. May 4, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. March 5, 2011
Selected Service Activities
Academy of Legal Studies in Business
Reviewer, Journal Article
American Business Law Journal
Editorial Review Board Member
Labor Law Journal
Graduate Faculty Membership Committee
Textbook Selection Committee