Faculty Profile for Dr. Garry White
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- White, G., Ekin, T., & Visinescu, L. (2017). Analysis of Protective Behavior and Security Incidents for Home Computers. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 57(4), 353–363.
- White, G., & Shah, J. (2017). The need to teach Root Cause Analysis in an Informaiton Security course.
- White, G., & Shah, J. (2017). The Need to Teaching Root Cause Analysis in an Information Secuirty course.
- White, G., Smith, K., & Mendez, F. (2017). Ch 2. The impact of online training on Facebook privacy. In A. Mesquita (Ed.), Research Paradigms and Contemporary Perspectives on Human-Technology Interaction (pp. 22–42). Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-5225-1868-6
- White, G. (2016). Matching Cognitive Development and Style with Programming Languages.”. Pittsburgh, PA, USA: Information Systems Education Conference (ISECON).
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition, Campus Suport Program. June 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition, Campus Support program. December 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Student Veteran Appreciation, Campus Support Program. August 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition, Campus Suport Program. December 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nominee for Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Actvities, Univeristy. August 2012
- White, Garry. McCoy Faculty Development Fund, McCoy College of Business, Texas State University, $5000. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - May 30, 2017). Grant.
- White, Garry. information secuirty education and protective behavior relationships on security incidents for the home comptuer, Tx State College of Business--McCoy Faculty Deveoplment Fund, Texas State University, $5000. (Funded: August 2013 - November 2013). Grant.
- White, Garry (Co-Principal), Smith, Karen (Principal), Mendez, Francis (Co-Principal). VIGILANCE AND NARCISSISM AS PREDICTORS OF FACEBOOK USERS’ RESPONSES TOWARD SECURITY AND PRIVACY RISKS., Research Enhancement Program (REP) Grant, Texas State University, $10024. (Funded: January 2012 - December 2012). Grant.
- White, Garry (Co-Principal), Smith, Karen (Principal). College of Business Administration grant, College of Business Administration, Texas State University, $2000. (Funded: 2010 - 2011). Grant.
- White, Garry. Student Computing Resources Grant, Academic Computing Committee, Texas State University, $13431. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer for Forum
Ido-US Science and Technology Forum
Circle K Club of Kiwanis International
National Speleogical Society
January 1, 2016-Present
San Antonio Cyber Innovation & Research Consortium