Faculty Profile for Dr. Francis A Mendez
Teaching InterestsStatistical Methods and Exploratory Data Analysis.
Research InterestsExploratory data analysis and computational statistics.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., & Jimenez, J. (2018). A Motion Capture System Framework for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. In Digital Commons@Georgia Southern (pp. 1–8). Georgia Southern University. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/pmhr_2018/25
- Lee, H. M., Angelow, D. E., & Mendez, F. A. (2020). Data Supply Chains for Data Science. San Marcos, United States. Retrieved from McCoy College
- Sun, Y., Zhang, P., Wierschem, D., & Mendez Mediavilla, F. A. (2020). CEO Turnover, Network Effects, and Firm Performance. International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence, 10(2), 54–72. Retrieved from https://www.igi-global.com/article/ceo-turnover-network-effects-and-firm-performance/250212
- Hernandez, G., Valles Molina, D., Wierschem, D. C., Rolfe, R. M., Koutitas, G., Aslan, S., … Jimenez, J. (2020). Machine Learning Techniques for Motion Analysis of Fatigue from Manual Material Handling Operations Using 3D Motion Capture Data (pp. 0300–0305). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCWC47524.2020.9031222
- Sharotry, A., Jimenez, J., Wierschem, D. C., Mendez, F. A., Koutitas, G., Valles Molina, D., … Rolfe, R. M. (n.d.). A Digital Twin Framework of a Material Handling Operator in Industry 4.0 Environments.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean Paul R. Gowens Excellence Professorship in Business Administration, McCoy College of Business Administration. January 2019 - January 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2019 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. January 2018 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award, Texas State University. August 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Paul R. Gowens Professorship of Excellence, McCoy College of Business. December 2018 - January 22, 2019
- Perez, Eduardo (Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal). Ensuring an Accessible Trauma System in Texas, Texas State University-MIRG, $30000. (Funded: September 1, 2019 - August 30, 2020). Grant.
- Jimenez, Jesus (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Koutitas, Georgios (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Wierschem, David C (Co-Principal). Using Industry 4.0 Digital Twins to Model Human Labor in Smart Material Handling Systems, Toyota Material Handling, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $197411.11. (Submitted: December 14, 2018, Funded: August 14, 2019 - August 13, 2020). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A (Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal). Development of An Artificial Intelligence System to Prevent Overexertion Injuries at the Workplace, Texas State University, $14938. (Submitted: October 2019, Funded: January 2020 - May 2021). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A (Principal). McCoy College Faculty Development Grant, Texas State University, Texas State University, $2500. (Submitted: September 2019, Funded: January 1, 2020 - March 1, 2020). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A, Jimenez, Jesus A. (Co-Principal). Time and Motion Studies Using Motion Capture Technology, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $15760.00. (Submitted: October 2017, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
MS Accounting and Information Technology
College Review Committee
Hispanic Business Student Association
Student Org Advisor (Non-Professional Org)
Data Analytics Club at Texas State University
CIS & QM Department Curriculum Committee