Faculty Profile for Dr. Francis A Mendez
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kim, J., Mendez, F. A., & Jimenez, J. (2020). Storage location assignment heuristics based on slot selection and frequent itemset grouping for large distribution centers. IEEE Access, 8, 189025–189035. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3031585
- Wierschem, D. C., Jimenez, J. A., & Mendez, F. A. (2020). A Motion Capture System for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. Retrieved from McCoy College
- Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., & Jimenez, J. (2018). A Motion Capture System Framework for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. In Digital Commons@Georgia Southern (pp. 1–8). Georgia Southern University. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/pmhr_2018/25
- Kothamasu, M., Perez, E., & Mendez, F. A. (n.d.). A Stochastic Programming Model for Food Bank Disaster Relief Operations considering Transportation Capacity Limitations.
- Marthak, Y. V., Perez, E., & Mendez, F. A. (2021). A Stochastic Programming Model for Tactical Product Prepositioning at Domestic Hunger Relief Organizations Impacted by Natural Hazards. Natural Hazards. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-021-04639-3
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean Paul R. Gowens Excellence Professorship in Business Administration, McCoy College of Business Administration. January 2019 - January 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2019 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. January 2018 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award, Texas State University. August 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Paul R. Gowens Professorship of Excellence, McCoy College of Business. December 2018 - January 22, 2019
- Jimenez, Jesus, Mendez, Francis A, Perez, Eduardo, Wright, Robert L (Supporting). Exploratory Analysis and Quality Assurance to Support Texas State Use Program Administration, Texas Workforce Commission, State, $197752. (Submitted: November 2019, Funded: September 28, 2020 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Perez, Eduardo (Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal). Ensuring an Accessible Trauma System in Texas, Texas State University-MIRG, $30000. (Funded: September 1, 2019 - August 30, 2021). Grant.
- Jimenez, Jesus (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Koutitas, Georgios (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Wierschem, David C (Co-Principal). Using Industry 4.0 Digital Twins to Model Human Labor in Smart Material Handling Systems, Toyota Material Handling, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $197411.11. (Submitted: December 14, 2018, Funded: August 14, 2019 - August 13, 2020). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A (Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal). Development of An Artificial Intelligence System to Prevent Overexertion Injuries at the Workplace, Texas State University, $14938. (Submitted: October 2019, Funded: January 2020 - May 2021). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A (Principal). McCoy College Faculty Development Grant, Texas State University, Texas State University, $2500. (Submitted: September 2019, Funded: January 1, 2020 - March 1, 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
A product quality control project for the Texas Workforce Commission, Purchasing from People with Disabilities Program
Ingram School of Engineering
MS Accounting and Information Technology
College Review Committee
Student Org Advisor (Non-Professional Org)
Data Analytics Club at Texas State University