Faculty Profile for Dr. Francis A Mendez
Teaching InterestsStatistical Methods and Exploratory Data Analysis.
Research InterestsExploratory data analysis and computational statistics.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., & Jimenez, J. (2018). A Motion Capture System Framework for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. In Digital Commons@Georgia Southern (pp. 1–8). Georgia Southern University. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/pmhr_2018/25
- Sun, Y., Zhang, P., Wierschem, D., & Mendez Mediavilla, F. A. (n.d.). CEO Turnover, Network Effects, and Firm Performance. International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence, 10(2).
- Wierschem, D. C., & Mendez, F. A. (2018). Entry Level Technology Positions: No Degree Required. Journal of Information Systems Education, 29(4), 253–268.
- Lopez Perez, F., Ekin, T., Mendez, F., & Jimenez, J. (n.d.). Risk Balanced Territory Design for a Micro Finance Institution. Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization.
- White, G., Smith, K., & Mendez, F. (2017). Ch 2. The impact of online training on Facebook privacy. In A. Mesquita (Ed.), Research Paradigms and Contemporary Perspectives on Human-Technology Interaction (pp. 22–42). Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-5225-1868-6
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean Paul R. Gowens Excellence Professorship in Business Administration, McCoy College of Business Administration. January 2019 - January 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2019 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. January 2018 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award, Texas State University. August 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Paul R. Gowens Professorship of Excellence, McCoy College of Business. December 2018 - January 22, 2019
- Perez, Eduardo (Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal). Ensuring an Accessible Trauma System in Texas, Texas State University, $30000. (Funded: September 1, 2019 - August 30, 2020). Grant.
- Jimenez, Jesus (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Koutitas, Georgios (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Wierschem, David C (Co-Principal). Using Industry 4.0 Digital Twins to Model Human Labor in Smart Material Handling Systems, Toyota Material Handling, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $197411.11. (Submitted: December 14, 2018). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A, Jimenez, Jesus A. (Co-Principal). Time and Motion Studies Using Motion Capture Technology, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $15760.00. (Submitted: October 2017, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
- Wierschem, David (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal). A Kaizen Project to Develop a Simulation Process to Design Manufacturing Operations Requiring Human Motions, Texas State University, $16400. (Funded: July 1, 2016 - Present). Grant.
- Wierschem, David (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal). A Kaizen Project to Develop a Simulation Process to Design Manufacturing Operations Requiring Human Motions, NEC, Inc., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $50000. (Funded: June 1, 2016 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
MS Data Analytics and Information Systems
Quantitative Methods Faculty Search
MBA Task Force 2018 (IV)
College Review Committee
Graduate Policy Committee