Faculty Profile for Dr. Francis A Mendez
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kim, J., Mendez, F. A., & Jimenez, J. (n.d.). Storage Location Assignment Heuristics based on Slot Selection and Frequent Itemset Grouping for Large Distribution Centers. IEEE Access, 8, 189025–189035. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3031585
- Wierschem, D. C., Jimenez, J. A., & Mendez, F. A. (2020). A Motion Capture System for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. Retrieved from McCoy College
- Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., & Jimenez, J. (2018). A Motion Capture System Framework for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. In Digital Commons@Georgia Southern (pp. 1–8). Georgia Southern University. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/pmhr_2018/25
- Carroll, T., Hernandez, G., Koutitas, G., Wierschem, D. C., Mendez, F. A., Valles Molina, D., … Jimenez, J. (n.d.). Comparison of Inverse Kinematics Algorithms for Digital Twin Industry 4.0 Applications (pp. 0300–0305). IEEE.
- Sharotry, A., Jimenez, J., Wierschem, D. C., Mendez, F. A., Koutitas, G., Valles Molina, D., … Rolfe, R. M. (n.d.). A Digital Twin Framework for Real-time Analysis and Feedback of Repetitive Work in Manual Material Handling Industry.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean Paul R. Gowens Excellence Professorship in Business Administration, McCoy College of Business Administration. January 2019 - January 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2019 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. January 2018 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award, Texas State University. August 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Paul R. Gowens Professorship of Excellence, McCoy College of Business. December 2018 - January 22, 2019
- Jimenez, Jesus, Mendez, Francis A, Perez, Eduardo. Exploratory Analysis and Quality Assurance to Support Texas State Use Program Administration, Texas Workforce Commission, State, $197752. (Submitted: November 2019, Funded: September 28, 2020 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Perez, Eduardo (Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal). Ensuring an Accessible Trauma System in Texas, Texas State University-MIRG, $30000. (Funded: September 1, 2019 - August 30, 2020). Grant.
- Jimenez, Jesus (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Koutitas, Georgios (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Wierschem, David C (Co-Principal). Using Industry 4.0 Digital Twins to Model Human Labor in Smart Material Handling Systems, Toyota Material Handling, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $197411.11. (Submitted: December 14, 2018, Funded: August 14, 2019 - August 13, 2020). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A (Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal). Development of An Artificial Intelligence System to Prevent Overexertion Injuries at the Workplace, Texas State University, $14938. (Submitted: October 2019, Funded: January 2020 - May 2021). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A (Principal). McCoy College Faculty Development Grant, Texas State University, Texas State University, $2500. (Submitted: September 2019, Funded: January 1, 2020 - March 1, 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
MS Accounting and Information Technology
College Review Committee
Hispanic Business Student Association
Student Org Advisor (Non-Professional Org)
Data Analytics Club at Texas State University
CIS & QM Department Curriculum Committee