Faculty Profile for Dr. Cecily A Raiborn
Biography and EducationCame to Texas State in 2006 after living in New Orleans for 21 years...least favorite word in the world is Katrina!
Teaching InterestsFraud; cost/managerial accounting; financial accounting
Research InterestsFraud; cost/managerial accounting; financial accounting; ethics; environmental/sustainable development
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Raiborn, C. A., Butler, J. B., & Watkins, A. L. (2018). From the Vine to the Bottle: Opportunities for CPAs within the Wine Industry. The CPA Journal, 88(11), 34–40.
- Kelley, Z., Kelley, T., & Raiborn, C. A. (2018). Ripple Effects of Fraud. Fraud Magazine, 33(6), 46–51.
- Raiborn, C., Butler, J., Martin, K., & Pizzini, W. (2017). The Internal Audit Function: A Prerequisite for Good Governance. Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, January/February, 10–21. Retrieved from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1097-0053
- Heyman, M., Petty, B., & Raiborn, C. (2016, October). Fraud Prevention: Look, Listen, and Verify. (E. Bratcher, Ed.), Associations Now.
- Raiborn, C., Massoud, M., & Payne, D. (2016). Tax Avoidance: The Good, the Bad and the Future. Journal of Business and Management, 21(1), 17. Retrieved from www.chapman.edu/business/faculty-research/journals-and-essays/
- Award / Honor Recipient: Lybrand Bronze Medal, Institute of Management Accountants. June 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: IMA Case Writing Competition, Institute of Management Accountants. July 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Lybrand Bronze Medal, Institute of Management Accountants. April 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Lybrand Silver Medal, Institute of Management Accountants. June 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Lybrand Bronze Medal, Institute of Management Accountants. 2011
Selected Service Activities
3313 Course Co-ordinator
August 1, 2017-Present
Texas Craft Wines and Spirits Consortium
January 1, 2017-Present
Austin Chapter of ACFE
Accounting Department Governance Committee
Editorial Review Board Member
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners