Faculty Profile for Kathy Moffitt
Teaching InterestsFinancial Accounting
Intermediate I Accounting
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Proschko, C. R., & Moffitt, K. A. (2019). “Hands-On Tax Experience for Students--A University-Sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic.” New Accountant, (780), 4; 16.
- Moffitt, K., & Proschko, C. (2016). Accounting Refresher Workshop--Does Your Campus Need One? New Accountant, (770), 9;17-18. Retrieved from http://www.renpublishing.com/NewAccountant_Online_%20770.pdf
- Moffitt, K., Eure, D., & Montondon, L. (2013). Cheating--Beyond the Cheat Sheet. New Accountant, (756/757 Double Issue), 4. 35. Retrieved from http://www.newaccountantusa.com/New_Accountant_756-57-ENHANCED.pdf
- Morris, R., Montondon, L., & Moffitt, K. (2012). Examining Engineering Costs for Development of Highway Projects (Vol. 0-6730–1, p. 50). Austin, TX, USA: TxDOT.
- Montondon, L., & Moffitt, K. (2011). Relationship of Course Grades to Pre-test and Post-test Scores. Houston, TX, USA: American Accounting Association Southwest Region.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Foundations of Excellence, Texas State University Student Foundation. October 16, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2017 McCoy College of Business Administration College Achievement Award Award for Excellence in Teaching. August 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Advisory Board Faculty Engagement Award, Department of Accounting Advisory Board. April 20, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: SLAC Business Professor of the Month, Student Learning Assistance Center. October 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition, Vice President for Student Affairs. July 20, 2016
- Morris, Roselyn (Principal), Montondon, Lucille (Supporting), Moffitt, Kathleen (Supporting), Sansone, Matt (Supporting). Examining Engineering Costs for Development of Highway Projects, Texas Department of Transportation, State, $314000. (Submitted: December 22, 2010, Funded: January 1, 2011 - August 31, 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
McCoy College Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Accounting Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
August 31, 2019-Present
Alumni Success Committee
September 17, 2013-Present
Bridge to a Successful Accounting Career
September 2014-May 2017
August 26, 2013-May 31, 2016