Faculty Profile for Dr. Janet B Butler
Teaching InterestsAccounting Information Systems, Cost/Managerial Accounting
Research InterestsWine Industry Accounting Issues, Internal Controls, Fraud
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Raiborn, C. A., Butler, J. B., & Watkins, A. L. (2018). From the Vine to the Bottle: Opportunities for CPAs within the Wine Industry. The CPA Journal, 88(11), 34–40.
- Raiborn, C., Butler, J., Martin, K., & Pizzini, W. (2017). The Internal Audit Function: A Prerequisite for Good Governance. Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, January/February, 10–21. Retrieved from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1097-0053
- Raiborn, C., Butler, J., Cannon, N. H., & Young, R. (2015). Trust May Breed Trouble: Fraud Opportunities and Ethics at Saintly Church. IMA Educational Case Journal, 8(4), 1–5. Retrieved from imanet.org/resources-publications/ima-educational-case-journal-(iecj)/issues/Volume%208,%20issue%204
- Butler, J., & Raiborn, C. (2015). Fraud: An Ounce of Prevention. Cost Management, 29(4), 38–48.
- Campbell, L., Raiborn, C., & Butler, J. (2014). Bunko in a Boom Organization: Minimizing Fraud during a Boom Business Cycle. Management Accounting Quarterly, 16(1), 1–12. Retrieved from www.imanet.org/resources_and_publications/management_accounting_quarterly.aspx/
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2018 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, McCoy College of Business, Texas State University. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Silver Medal, Lybrand Research Awards Competition, Institute of Management Accountants. May 18, 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: McCoy College Nominee for Presidential Award for Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business Administration. March 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Gold Medal, Lybrand Research Awards Competition, Institute of Management Accountants. May 6, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: 15 Year Service Award, Texas State University. August 2018
- Butler, Janet. CFO Green Conference, College of Business Faculty Development Fund Program, Texas State Unversity-San Marcos, Texas State University, $1600. (Funded: October 2010). Grant.
- Butler, Janet. Use of e-commerce assurance techniques by small and medium-sized enterprises: Moving beyond the CPAweb-trust seal, College of Business Faculty Research Grants Program, Texas State University, $1000. (Funded: 2003 - 2004). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
MAcy Fees Task Force
ACC3385 Course Coordinator
Department of Accounting, Texas State University
January 15, 2018-Present
Texas Wine and Spirits Alliance
Bear Park Homeowner's Association
Willow Ridge Homeowner's Association