Faculty Profile for Dr. Raymond P Fisk
Biography and EducationRaymond P. Fisk (B.S., M.B.A., and Ph.D. from Arizona State University), Professor of Marketing at Texas State University. He was Professor and Chair of the Department of Marketing at Texas State University from 2007 to 2019. He has published in the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Retailing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Service Research, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Service Management, Service Industries Journal, Service Science, and others. He has published six books: Serving Customers: Global Services Marketing Perspectives; Services Marketing: An Interactive Approach, 4th Ed.; Services Marketing Self-Portraits: Introspections, Reflections and Glimpses from the Experts; Marketing Theory: Distinguished Contributions; AIRWAYS: A Marketing Simulation; and Services Marketing: An Annotated Bibliography. He is Past President of the American Marketing Association's Academic Council. He founded the AMA Services Marketing Special Interest Group (SERVSIG) in 1993 and has served SERVSIG in many other leadership roles. The American Marketing Association made him the Inaugural Recipient of the SIG Leadership Award in 2016. He received the Career Contributions to the Services Discipline Award from SERVSIG in 2005. In 2012, he received the Grönroos Service Research Award from the CERS Centre for Relationship Marketing and Service Management, Department of Marketing, Hanken School of Economics, Finland.
Teaching InterestsServices Marketing, including Service Design and Services Internships.
Research InterestsServices Marketing, Service History, Service Design, and Transformative Service Research.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Nasr, L., & Fisk, R. P. (2019). The Global Refugee Crisis How Can Transformative Service Researchers Help? The Service Industries Journal, 39(9–10), 684–700.
- Fisk, R. P., Fuessel, A., Laszlo, C., Struebi, P., Valera, A., & Weiss, C. (2019). Systemic Social Innovation: Co-Creating a Future Where Humans and all Life Thrive. Humanistic Management Journal, 4(2), 191–214. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41463-019-00056-8
- Fisk, R. P., Dean, A., Alkire, L., Joubert, A., Previte, J., Robertson, N., & Rosenbaum, M. (2018). Design for Service Inclusion: Creating Inclusive Service Systems by 2050. Journal of Service Management, 29, 834–858.
- Teixeira, J. G., Patrício, L., Huang, K.-H., Fisk, R. P., Nóbrega, L., & Constantine, L. (2017). The MINDS Method: Integrating Management and Interaction Design Perspectives for Service Design. Journal of Service Research, 20(3), 240–258.
- Fisk, R. P., Anderson, L., Bowen, D. E., Gruber, T., Ostrom, A. L., Patrício, L., … Sebastiani, R. (2016). Billions of Impoverished People Deserve to Be Better Served: A Call to Action for the Service Research Community. Journal of Service Management, 28(1), 43–55.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Fulbright-Hanken Distinguished Chair in Business and Economics, 2020-2021, Fulbright Scholar Program/Fulbright Finland Foundation. August 2020 - November 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: American Marketing Association SIG Leadership Award, Inaugural Recipient, American Marketing Association. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Grönroos Service Research Award, CERS Centre for Relationship Marketing and Service Management at the Department of Marketing, Hanken School of Economics, Finland. June 9, 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Career Contributions to the Services Discipline Award, American Marketing Association Services Marketing Special Interest Group. 2005
- Award / Honor Recipient: Fulbright Scholar. 1987
- Fisk, Raymond P, Hunt, Nancy. “Documenting and Improving Learning: Electronic Portfolios in Business Education”, Student Technology Fee Grant, UNO, $20000. (Funded: 2002). Grant.
- Fisk, Raymond P. NAWTSD Technology Transfer Project, DOD/NAVY/NAWTSD, $6000. (Funded: 1996). Grant.
- Fisk, Raymond P. UCF High Technology Transfer Incubator for Undergraduate Education, UCF Strategic Planning Council, $11000. (Funded: 1996). Grant.
- Fisk, Raymond P. NAWTSD Technology Transfer Project, DOD/NAVY/NAWTSD, $14990. (Funded: 1995). Grant.
- Fisk, Raymond P. UCF High Technology Transfer Incubator for Undergraduate Education, UCF Strategic Planning Council, $10000. (Funded: 1995). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Service Research
Services Marketing Special Interest Group (SERVSIG)
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Service Management
AMA Services Marketing Special Interest Group (SERVSIG) Conference
Department of Marketing, Personnel Committee, Texas State University