Faculty Profile for Dr. Binod Guragai
Teaching InterestsFinancial Accounting; Governmental and Not-for-profit Accounting
Research InterestsArchival Financial Accounting Research
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Guragai, B., Hutchison, P. D., & Farris II, M. T. (2019). Cash-to-Cash (C2C): Insights on Present and Future Profitability and Liquidity. Advances in Management Accounting.
- Guragai, B., & Peabody, S. D. (2018). Demographic Factors Affecting US Households’ Investment in Stocks. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 10(4), 112–122.
- Guragai, B., & Hutchison, P. D. (n.d.). Material Weakness Disclosures and Restatements: Value of External Auditor Attestation. Accounting Research Journal.
- Guragai, B., Frost, C. A., & Rapley, E. T. (2017). Differences in Responses to Accounting-based and Market-based Benchmarks- Evidence from Nasdaq. Advances in Accounting, 38, 46–62.
- Guragai, B., Hunt, N., Neri, M. P., & Taylor, E. Z. (2017). Accounting Information Systems and Ethics Research: Review, Synthesis, and the Future. Journal of Information Systems, 31(2), 65–81.
- Award / Honor Recipient: AAA/E&Y Foundation/New Faculty Consortium Representative. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Representative. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Department of Accounting Outstanding Doctoral Student, University of North Texas. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Doctoral Research Scholarship, University of North Texas. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: John Jolly Fellowship, Institute of Petroleum Accounting, University of North Texas. 2015
Selected Service Activities
Department of Accounting – Personnel Committee
Department of Accounting – Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Ad Hoc Reviewer
Journal of Information Systems
Ad Hoc Reviewer
Advances in Accounting
Department of Accounting – Accounting Panel Event