Faculty Profile for Dr. Binod Guragai
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Guragai, B., Peabody, D., & Attachot, W. (2020). Financial statement presentation of discontinued operations: Determinants and consequences. Advances in Accounting, 49, 1–11.
- Guragai, B., & Hutchison, P. D. (2019). Material Weakness Disclosures and Restatements: Value of External Auditor Attestation. Accounting Research Journal, 32(3), 362–380.
- Guragai, B., Hutchison, P. D., & Farris II, M. T. (2019). Cash-to-Cash (C2C) Length: Insights on Present and Future Profitability and Liquidity. Advances in Management Accounting, 31, 133–151.
- Guragai, B., Frost, C. A., & Rapley, E. T. (2017). Differences in Responses to Accounting-based and Market-based Benchmarks- Evidence from Nasdaq. Advances in Accounting, 38, 46–62.
- Guragai, B., Hunt, N., Neri, M. P., & Taylor, E. Z. (2017). Accounting Information Systems and Ethics Research: Review, Synthesis, and the Future. Journal of Information Systems, 31(2), 65–81.
- Award / Honor Recipient: AAA/E&Y Foundation/New Faculty Consortium Representative. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Representative. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Department of Accounting Outstanding Doctoral Student, University of North Texas. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: John Jolly Fellowship, Institute of Petroleum Accounting, University of North Texas. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nepal Vidhya Bhushan ‘Ga’, President of Nepal to one outstanding undergraduate student in business studies program. 2007
Selected Service Activities
Governance Committee, Department of Accounting
Ad Hoc Reviewer
Advances in Accounting
January 2021-January 2021
Annual Meeting; American Accounting Association FARS Section
Ad Hoc Reviewer
Journal of Information Systems