Faculty Profile for Dr. Binod Guragai
Teaching InterestsFinancial Accounting; Governmental and Not-for-profit Accounting
Research InterestsArchival Financial Accounting Research
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Guragai, B., & Hutchison, P. D. (2019). Material Weakness Disclosures and Restatements: Value of External Auditor Attestation. Accounting Research Journal, 32(3), 362–380.
- Guragai, B., Hutchison, P. D., & Farris II, M. T. (2019). Cash-to-Cash (C2C) Length: Insights on Present and Future Profitability and Liquidity. Advances in Management Accounting, 31, 133–151.
- Guragai, B., Brooks, M., & Bergner, J. (2019). Examining the Decision to Opt In versus Opt Out of Section 107 of the JOBS Act of 2012: Determinants and Consequences. Accounting and Finance Research, 8(2), 108–120.
- Guragai, B., Frost, C. A., & Rapley, E. T. (2017). Differences in Responses to Accounting-based and Market-based Benchmarks- Evidence from Nasdaq. Advances in Accounting, 38, 46–62.
- Guragai, B., Hunt, N., Neri, M. P., & Taylor, E. Z. (2017). Accounting Information Systems and Ethics Research: Review, Synthesis, and the Future. Journal of Information Systems, 31(2), 65–81.
- Award / Honor Recipient: AAA/E&Y Foundation/New Faculty Consortium Representative. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Representative. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Department of Accounting Outstanding Doctoral Student, University of North Texas. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: John Jolly Fellowship, Institute of Petroleum Accounting, University of North Texas. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nepal Vidhya Bhushan ‘Ga’, President of Nepal to one outstanding undergraduate student in business studies program. 2007
Selected Service Activities
Governance Committee, Department of Accounting
Ad Hoc Reviewer
Journal of Information Systems
Ad Hoc Reviewer
Advances in Accounting
Panel Discussion "Qualifications & Certifications" Accounting Club Meeting
EY Etiquette Dinner