Faculty Profile for Dr. Shailen Singh
Biography and EducationDr. Shailen Singh currently serves as Assistant Professor in the Department of Occupational, Workforce, & Leadership Studies at Texas State with a research focus issues affecting parents of children with disabilities. He also serves as an adjunct faculty member at Texas A&M-College Station for the Department of Educational Human Resource Development
Dr. Singh holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from Texas A&M University, a Master Degree in Higher Education from the University of Arkansas, and completed his Ph.D. in Human Resource Development from Texas A&M University-College Station. Prior to his time at Texas State, Singh served as the Director of Access and Inclusion at Texas A&M-Central Texas in Killeen, where he was responsible for campus-wide accessibility and diversity issues.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Singh, S. M., & Keese, J. (n.d.). Applying Systems Theory Based Thinking to Build Better IEP Relationships. Support for Learning.
- Singh, S. M., & Gilson, C. B. (n.d.). Toward and Inclusive Definition of College Student Development. Journal of Inclusive Postsecondary Education.
- Singh, S. M. (2020). Clinic Design Standards: Accessibility Considerations for Caregivers. Pediatric Physical Therapy, 32(1), 84–85. https://doi.org/10.1097/PEP.0000000000000668
- Singh, S. M. (2019). Landing the Helicopter: Orientation Processes for Students with Disabilities. Journal of College Orientation and Transition, 26(1), 39–41.
- Singh, S. M. (2019). I am who I think I need to be: Reflections on Parental Identity Development from a Father of a Child with Disabilities. Disability and Society. https://doi.org/10.1080/09687599.2019.1589754
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State Football-Guest Coach, Texas State Athletics. October 10, 2019 - October 10, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Guest Coach, Texas A&M Football. October 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: John J. Koldus Award, Association of Former Students-Texas A&M University. 2015 - May 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Guest Coach, Texas A&M Football. November 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award of Distinction, Texas A&M University Division of Student Affairs. April 2007
- Eaglin, Phillip G. (Principal), Muoneke, Ada (Co-Principal), Ashford-Hanserd, Shetay Nicole (Co-Principal), Singh, Shailendra Mohan (Supporting). Broadening participation to include African American and Hispanic students with disabilities in computer science learning using voice user interface project-based learning, National Science Foundation, Federal, $1616024. (Submitted: February 11, 2019, Funded: October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2022). Grant.
- Singh, Shailendra Mohan. Fish Camp Recruitment: Retention Grant from the TAMU Minority Recruitment and Retention Leadership Team, Texas A&M University Provost Office, Internal University Grant, $15000. (Funded: January 2007 - August 2007). Grant.
- Singh, Shailendra Mohan. Fish Camp Recruitment: Retention Grant from the TAMU Minority Recruitment and Retention Leadership Team, Texas A&M University Provost Office, Internal Funds, $10000. (Funded: January 2006 - August 2006). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Graduate Coordinator, Department of Occupational, Workforce, & Leadership Studies
Texas State Graduate Council
Navigate Life Texas-Services for Parents of Children with Disabilities
Texas Parent 2 Parent-Family Faculty Member
Texas A&M University-Central Texas Diversity Committee