Faculty Profile for Dr. Mohammad Iqbal Ahmed
Biography and EducationDr. Iqbal Ahmed joins the department as a new Lecturer of Economics. He received his B.A. in economics from the University of Delhi, India, his M.A. in economics from Delhi School of Economics, India, and his Ph.D. in economics from Kansas State University.
Dr. Ahmed's research interests include quantitative macroeconomics, monetary. His current work investigates the macroeconomic consequences of expectations and news-driven business cycles. He publishes in the Journal of Macroeconomics and Applied Economics. He wrote several policy briefs on various economic issues and secured research grants. He brings his real-world experience in policy-oriented issues to the classroom and engages students in experiential learning activities.
Teaching InterestsMacroeconomics (graduate and undergraduate level)
Money and Banking
Monetary Theory and Policy
Open Economy Macroeconomy
Time Series Econometrics
Economic Growth and Development
Research Interests- Publish articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Write books and book chapters.
- Write project proposals and secure grants for my research
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ahmed, M. I., & Cassou, S. P. (2017). Threshold cointegration between inflation and US capacity utilization. Applied Economics, 49(3). https://doi.org/10.1080/00036846.2016.1197365
- Ahmed, M. I., & Cassou, S. P. (2016). Does confidence affect durable goods spending during bad and good economic times equally? Journal of Macroeconomics, 50, 86–97. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmacro.2016.08.008
- Ahmed, M. I., & Titumir, R. (2009). Aid for trade initiative in multilateral trade negotiations: An illustration with the case of Bangladesh. In Harnessing gains from trade: Domestic challenges and beyond (pp. 251–273). New Delhi, India: Academic Foundation. Retrieved from 302B Waters Hall
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Arts & Sciences certificate for educational excellence in recognition of the Best Graduate Student Paper award in economics,, Kansas State University. April 2017 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Arts & Sciences Graduate Student Research Travel Award,, Kansas State University. 2016 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Residence Hall Association, Professor Recognition Ceremony 2018, teaching award in recognition of an outstanding educator to students at SUNY Oswego. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Student Council Travel Award, Spring, Kansas State University College of Arts & Sciences Graduate Student Research Travel Award, Spring,, Kansas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Department of Economics Best Graduate Student Paper award in recognition of out- standing commitment to and achievement in the study of economics,, Kansas State University. 2015