Faculty Profile for Dr. Emily Kyung Jin Suh
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Suh, E. K. J., Zollman, A., & Hoffman, L. (n.d.). STEM inclusion research for English language learners (ELLs): Making STEM accessible to all. In C. Johnson, M. Mohr-Schroeder, T. Moore, & L. English (Eds.), Handbook of research on STEM education. London: Routledge.
- Catalano, T., Shende, M., & Suh, E. K. J. (2018). Developing multilingual pedagogies and research through language study and reflection. International Journal of Multilingualism, 15(1), 1–18.
- Suh, E. K. J., Hoffman, L., Hughes, M., & Zollman, A. (2020). The twelve-foot basketball player task: STEM circles score points and win academic goals with emergent multilingual students. Middle School Journal, 51(3), 11–18. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/00940771.2020.1735872
- Zollman, A., Hoffman, L., & Suh, E. K. J. (2020). Investigating a STEM circle approach with multilingual students and families. (pp. 18–25).
- Suh, E. K. J., & Hodges, R. (n.d.). Generation 1 learners: Learning support for adult-arrival immigrant students. Journal of Developmental Education.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dissertation Award, The American Association of Applied Linguistics. December 2018 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Founders' Emergent Scholar Award, International Society for Language Studies. December 2018 - Present
- Award / Honor Nominee: Ethnicity, Race, and Multilingualism Committee Travel Award, Literacy Research Association. September 2019 - Present
- Award / Honor Nominee: J. Michael Parker Award, Literacy Research Association. September 2019 - Present
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dissertation Award, National Association of Developmental Education. September 2018 - Present
- Suh, Emily Kyung Jin, Payne, Emily Miller. A Comparative Analysis of State Policy and Implementation: Understanding the Adult ESL-to-Credit Pipeline, $16000. (Submitted: October 2018, Funded: January 2019 - December 2020). Grant.
- Suh, Emily Kyung Jin. Summer Faculty Fellowship: IUS Developmental Education Exploration, IU, Institutional (Higher Ed), $8000. (Funded: January 1, 2018 - August 2018). Grant.
- Suh, Emily Kyung Jin. IU-Southeast Developmental Education Exploratory Research/ Korean Adoptees in Documentaries and Blogs: A Multimodal Critical Discourse Analysis, Indiana University, IU Internal, $4165. (Funded: January 1, 2018 - May 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Indiana Association for Developmental Education
2019 Curriculum and Instruction Undergraduate Scholarship Award Committee
Developmental Education Program Resource Room Archiving Committee
Developmental Education Program Master's Comprehensive Exam Review Committee
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Developmental Education