Faculty Profile for Dr. Masoud Moradi
Biography and EducationMasoud Moradi is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the McCoy College of Business, Texas State University. Prior to coming to Texas State University, he received his Ph.D. in Marketing at Texas Tech University. He received both his B.S. degree in Computer Science and his MBA from Sharif University of Technology. Before coming to academia, he worked in industry as a marketing expert and data analyst. His main responsibilities were combining quantitative methods with big data analytics and using programming to integrate big data into the CRM processes.
Teaching InterestsMarketing Analytics
Big Data Analytics
Predictive Models in Marketing
Research InterestsMarketing Strategy
Big Data Analytics
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Moradi, M., & Badrinarayanan, V. A. (n.d.). The effects of brand prominence and narrative features on crowdfunding success for entrepreneurial aftermarket enterprises. Journal of Business Research, 124, 286–298.
- Moradi, M. (n.d.). Effect of Brand Compatibility on the Success of Entrepreneurial Campaigns. In Proceedings of the 2020 Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference.
- Moradi, M. (n.d.). Investigating The Effects of Marketing Decisions on Bankrupted Firm Performance. Academy of Business Research Journal.
- Moradi, M., Badrinarayanan, V. A., & Zihagh, F. (2020). The Effects of Video Pitch Content and Style on Crowdfunding Success. In 42th ISMS Marketing Science Conference Proceedings.
- Moradi, M., & Dass, M. (2019). An Investigation into the Effects of Message Framing on Crowdfunding Funding Level. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 20(4), 238–254.
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2016 Rawls Graduate Scholarship, Texas Tech University. August 2016 - August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Assistantship, Texas Tech University. August 2014 - August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2018 Helen Devitt Jones Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award, Texas Tech University. May 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2018 Outstanding Contributions to Teaching as a Doctoral Student Award, Texas Tech University. May 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2016 The CH Foundation Scholarship, Texas Tech University. August 2016
- Moradi, Masoud (Principal). Research Enhancement Program (REP), Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: December 2019). Grant.
- Moradi, Masoud. New Faculty Startup Grant, Texas State University Libraries, $1000. (Funded: September 2019). Grant.
- Moradi, Masoud. 2015 RAWLS Research Grant, Texas Tech University, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $3000. (Funded: June 2015). Grant.
- Zihagh, Fereshteh, Moradi, Masoud, Fisk, Raymond P, Alkire, Linda. McCoy Foundation Faculty Development, $1000. (Submitted: 2020). Grant.
- Moradi, Masoud, Alkire, Linda, Fisk, Raymond P. Library Research Grant, Texas State University, $470.19. (Submitted: May 6, 2020, Funded: July 16, 2020 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Evaluating Undergraduate Scholarships
Master of Science in Marketing Research and Analysis (MSMRA) Admission Committee
Society for Marketing Advances (SMA)
Department of Marketing Graduate Faculty Committee
AMS Annual Conference