Faculty Profile for Dr. Meysam Khaleghian
Biography and EducationPh.D. of Engineering Mechanics - Virginia polytechnic institute and state university - 2017
MS of Mechanical Engineering - University of Tehran - 2011
BS of Mechanical Engineering - Sharif University of Technology - 2008
Research InterestsVehicle Dynamics & Control, Robotics, Intelligent Transportation, Tire-Road Friction, Artificial Intelligence, Experimental and Numerical Stress Analysis
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ashouri, M., Khaleghian, S., & Emami, A. (2022). Reduced-order modeling of conductive polymer pressure sensors using finite element simulations and deep neural networks. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 65(5). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-022-03237-6
- Emami, A., Gnidehoue, H. H., & Khaleghian, S. (2021). Estimation of Rubber Wear Rate Using Three Different Machine Learning Algorithms.
- Basutkar, R. K., & Khaleghian, S. (2021). Design and development of an automated system for precision agriculture.
- Emami, A., Khaleghian, S., & Taheri, S. (2021). Physics-Based Modification of Multiscale Theory of Contact and Rubber Friction for Self-Affine Fractal Surfaces. Friction, 9(6), 1707–1725.
- Gnidehoue, H. H. C., Emami, A., & Khaleghian, S. (2020). Application of Machine Learning Algorithms in Wear Rate Estimation of Rubbers.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Arch T. Colwell Merit Award (The best 2019 paper in the SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars - Mechanical Systems ), SAE International (Society of Automative Engineers). February 2020
- Khaleghian, Seyedmeysam. The Application of Sensor fusion, Aerial images, and Artificial Intelligence in Precision Agriculture, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: January 2022 - May 2023). Grant.
- Ameri, Farhad, Khaleghian, Seyedmeysam (Co-Principal), Tate, Jitendra S (Supporting), Trueba, Luis (Supporting), You, Byoung Hee (Supporting), Song, In-Hyouk (Supporting), Jimenez, Jesus (Supporting), Chen, Heping (Supporting), Emami, Anahita (Supporting). REU Site: Multidisciplinary Research Experience in Advance Manufacturing for Undergraduates, National Science Foundation (NSF), Federal, $396737. (Funded: May 1, 2021 - August 1, 2024). Grant.
- You, Byoung Hee (Principal), Khaleghian, Seyedmeysam (Co-Principal), Song, In-Hyouk (Co-Principal), Kim, Namwon (Co-Principal). Real-time morning and energy harvesting from a tire deformation using piezoelectric materials, Yeongcheon City, Gyeongbuk Techno Park, $41900. (Funded: January 2020 - Present). Grant.
- Khaleghian, Seyedmeysam (Principal). Using Intelligent Tire Technology to Identify High Risk Areas on the Roads, Research Enhancement Program (REP), Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 2018, Funded: January 2019 - May 2020). Grant.
- You, Byoung Hee (Principal), Song, In-Hyouk (Co-Principal), Khaleghian, Seyedmeysam (Co-Principal). Development of a Self-powered Wireless Tire-Road Characterization System for Autonomous Vehicles, International Research Accelerator (IRA), Texas State University, $15000. (Funded: June 17, 2020 - March 31, 2021). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
39th Annual Meeting and Conference on Tire Science and Technology
38th Annual Meeting and Conference on Tire Science and Technology
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Editorial Review Board Member
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Tire Science and Technology