Faculty Profile for Dr. Christopher Philip Guzelian
Biography and EducationProfessor Guzelian has worked professionally as a deputy district attorney, a military intelligence analyst (civilian), a U.S. bankruptcy court staff attorney, a tenured law professor, and Dean of the only accredited Orthodox Christian university (University of St. Katherine). He holds a J.D. from Stanford University Law School, and B.A. and M.A. degrees in Economics from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Teaching InterestsLaw & Economics, Money and Banking, Business law
Research Interestsmoney and banking policy, empirical economic studies, debtor-creditor law, evidence law, national security law, First Amendment freedoms.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Guzelian, C. P., & Todd, J. (n.d.). The Legal Relevance of Economics. Temple Law Review, 93.
- Guzelian, C. P., & Whalley, M. (2017). The Legal Risk Management Handbook: An International Guide to the Sources of Legal Loss and How to Protect Your Business. United Kingdom: Kogan Page.
- Guzelian, C. P., Stein, M. A., & Akiskal, H. (2015). Credit Scores, Lending, and Psychosocial Disability. Boston University Law Review, 95, 1807–1868.
- Guzelian, C. P., & Mulligan, R. (2015). The Wisselbank and Amsterdam Price Volatility: A Fractal Test of the Austrian Fractional-Reserve Banking Hypothesis. Market Processes (Procesos de Mercado), 12, 13–42.
- Guzelian, C. P. (2008). Scientific Speech. Iowa Law Review, 93, 881–928.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Huber-Hurst Fellow, University of Florida School of Business. November 6, 2019 - January 19, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professor of the Year, Thomas Jefferson School of Law. 2016 - 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Rhodes Scholarship finalist, Rhodes Committee (State of Colorado). February 1, 2000
- Award / Honor Recipient: Phi Beta Kappa (Junior elect), University of Colorado at Boulder. January 1, 1999
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Market Processes (Procesos de Mercado)
August 21, 2018-May 1, 2019
Dept of Finance and Economics Colloquium Series
October 19, 2018
Phi Alpha Delta
October 18, 2018
Board of Directors
St. John Garabed Armenian Church
January 14, 2012-January 15, 2015