Faculty Profile for Dr. Aditya Gupta
Biography and EducationDr. Gupta is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at McCoy College of Business, Texas State University. He earned his PhD in Marketing from Pennsylvania State University, where he was also awarded the doctoral fellowship from Institute for the study of business markets at Penn State. Dr. Gupta received his MBA from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India. His research interests are in the area of inter-firm relationships, sales management, key account management, business to business markets and marketing strategy with special interest in application of social network analysis to business to business market problems. Dr. Gupta has published his research in numerous journals including Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, and Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management. He currently serves on the editorial review board of Journal of Academy of Marketing Science (JAMS) and regularly serves as a referee for several top-tier journals. He is affiliated with the Center for Professional Sales, at McCoy College of Business, and teaches Sales Management, and Sales Technology and Sales Force Automation class. Before joining Texas State, he worked as an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Iowa State University, where he taught Sales Management and Marketing Strategy classes. Aditya also has over 9 years of work experience in Information Technology and Telecom industry, spanning multiple roles such as marketing and presales, business development, and leading product development teams. For interests, he likes to follow the business and financial markets news and do yoga and meditation.
Teaching InterestsSales Management, Personal Selling, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Management, Global Marketing, Business-to-Business Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, and Channel Management.
Research Interests• Application of social network analysis to business to business marketing problems.
• Inter-firm relationships, Sales management, Key account management
• Business to business markets and marketing strategy issues
• Building firm’s marketing capabilities
• Empirical modeling of marketing strategy issues using econometrics and Bayesian methods.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Rayburn, S. W., Badrinarayanan, V. A., Anderson, S. T., & Gupta, A. (2021). Technology and the Sales Organization: Continuous Techno-Training, Techno-Efficacy, and Sales Success. Journal of Business Research, 133, 66-78 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 3, ADBC: A, Marketing Dept: A, Impact Factor (Clarivate): 4.87/5.48 5-year). https://doi.org/doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2021.04.066
- Gupta, A., & Saboo, A. (n.d.). Marketing Social Network Research Paradigm: A Review and Research Agenda. In Review of Marketing Research.
- Badrinarayanan, V. A., Gupta, A., & Chakar, N. (2020). The pull-to-stay effect: influence of sales managers’ leadership worthiness on salesperson turnover intentions. Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management.
- Gupta, A., Kumar, A., Grewal, R., & Lilien, G. (2019). Within-Seller and Buyer-Seller Network Structures and Key Account Profitability. Journal of Marketing, 83(1), 108–132. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1177/0022242918812056
- Wang, R., Gupta, A., & Grewal, R. (2017). Mobility of Top Marketing and Sales Executives in Business-to-Business Markets: A Social Network Perspective. Journal of Marketing Research, 54, 650–670. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1509/jmr.14.0124
- Award / Honor Recipient: McCoy Scholarly/Creative College Achievement Award, McCoy College. September 2020 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 Olney Early Career Research Award, McCoy College of Business. September 1, 2020 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Research Enhancement Program (REP) Grant, Texas State University. December 7, 2018 - August 30, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Junior Faculty Teaching Award, Department of Marketing, Iowa State University. April 1, 2018
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Academy of Marketing Science
April 1, 2020-Present
September 1, 2019-Present
Coach student for interviews
September 1, 2018-Present
AMA Regional Conference Sales Competition judging
February 12, 2021-February 12, 2021
ICSC Sales Competition Case Competition track
September 15, 2020-November 14, 2020