Faculty Profile for Dr. Aditya Gupta
Biography and EducationDr. Gupta is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at McCoy College of Business, Texas State University. He earned his PhD in Marketing from Pennsylvania State University, where he was also awarded the doctoral fellowship from Institute for the study of business markets at Penn State. Dr. Gupta received his MBA from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India. His research interests are in the area of inter-firm relationships, sales management, key account management, business to business markets and marketing strategy with special interest in application of social network analysis to business to business market problems. His research has been published in Journal of Marketing Research, and Journal of Marketing. He is affiliated with the Center for Professional Sales, at McCoy College of Business, and teaches Sales Management. Before joining Texas State, he worked as an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Iowa State University, where he taught Sales Management and Marketing Strategy classes. Aditya also has over 9 years of work experience in Information Technology and Telecom industry, spanning multiple roles such as marketing and presales, business development, and leading product development teams. For interests, he likes to follow the business and financial markets news and do yoga and meditation.
Teaching InterestsSales Management, Personal Selling, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Management, Global Marketing, Business-to-Business Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, and Channel Management.
Research Interests• Application of social network analysis to business to business marketing problems.
• Inter-firm relationships, Sales management, Key account management
• Business to business markets and marketing strategy issues
• Building firm’s marketing capabilities
• Empirical modeling of marketing strategy issues using econometrics and Bayesian methods.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Gupta, A., Kumar, A., Grewal, R., & Lilien, G. (2019). Within-Seller and Buyer-Seller Network Structures and Key Account Profitability. Journal of Marketing, 83(1), 108–132. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1177/0022242918812056
- Wang, R., Gupta, A., & Grewal, R. (2017). Mobility of Top Marketing and Sales Executives in Business-to-Business Markets: A Social Network Perspective. Journal of Marketing Research, 54, 650–670. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1509/jmr.14.0124