Faculty Profile for Dr. Deirdre Aurora Williams
Biography and EducationDr. Deirdre Williams is an author, lecturer, teacher, trainer and consultant. She holds a bachelor’s degree in social work, a master’s in both school administration and international relations, and a doctorate of education focusing on Instructional Leadership. Her career highlights include serving as both a general and special education teacher, a compliance specialist, and a director of special education. She also managed the launch of Project Search for DC Public Schools at the Department of Education, Labor, and Health and Human Services. The project focused on preparing adult students with intellectual and other disabilities for competitive employment.
With an entrepreneurial spirit, Williams launched Books by Deirdre, featuring her publications: "Prince Davi's Christmas Gift", “Quit, Khaliah!”, “iKhaliah, para!”, “Donovan Says”, “Stereotypes: More than just Words Simple Activities to Spark Meaningful Conversation and Create a Process for Change”, and “Girl’s Destined for Greatness Vision Planning.”
In 2006, Williams founded Through Our Eyes, LLC., to provide educational consulting services to PK-12 teachers. She offers Leadership and Community Development trainings as well as Special Education workshops and guidance.
Her work has been recognized through receipt of a Memorial Scholarship Award of Appreciation as a local author in 2017; selection as a guest author at KAZI’s Book Review: Celebration of Diverse Literary Voices in 2016; and being named an Expert Educator in the Educational Testing Service (ETS) “A Praxis Series™ Standard Setting Study” in 2010. She has been a guest on the radio shows “Sharing with Shani” and “The Russ and Stew Show”.
Research InterestsMental Health, Vocational Education, Diversity in Education, and Minority Women in Business
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Williams, D. A. (2019). Prince Davi’s Christmas Gift. Retrieved from www.booksbydeirdre.com
- Williams, D. A. (2019). A Place for Me. Retrieved from www.booksbydeirdre.com
- Williams, D. (2018). Girls Destined for Greatness: Vision Planning. Lockhart, Texas, United States: Deirdre Williams. Retrieved from 1615 Paintbrush Dr
- Williams, D. A. (2018). Donovan Says.
- Williams, D. A. (2017). iKhaliah, para!
- Award / Honor Recipient: Local African American Female Author, The Memorial Scholarship Fund. January 16, 2017 - February 4, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Accomplishment/Service, The Progressive Club. February 15, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Transformational Leader, Texas A & M University. November 9, 2017 - May 4, 2018