Faculty Profile for Dr. Zo H Ramamonjiarivelo
Biography and EducationDr. Ramamonjiarivelo has six years of experience as an Assistant Professor in Health Administration at Governors State University. She was promoted as a tenured Associate Professor before joining the School of Health Administration in the College of Health Professions at Texas State University. She has taught several undergraduate and graduate courses in health administration, such as health care statistics, managerial epidemiology, health policy, strategic management, research methods, organizational behavior, and health care quality improvement, among others.
She thinks teaching is a rewarding profession, especially when she sees the career success of her students. Dr. Ramamonjiarivelo’s research interests include the factors associated with the strategic decision making of health care organizations and the impact of such decisions on organizational performance, as well as health disparities, health care quality, and patient experience.
Teaching InterestsHealth Care Quality Improvement
Introduction to Health Care Organizations
Research InterestsFactors associated with organizational strategic decisions
The impact of strategic decisions on organizational performance
Health care quality
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z., Hearld, L., & Weech-Maldonado, R. (2019). The impact of public hospitals’ privatization on nurse staffing. Health Care Management Review, 00(00), 1–12. https://doi.org/N/A JCR IF=2.636, 5-year = 2.798; Scimago SJR 2018 = 1.389, Q1, H index = 47; Scopus Cite Score = 2.51, 2/28, 94th percentile; Cabell’s International acceptance rate = 17%
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z., Comer-HaGans, D., Austin, S., Watson, K., & Matthews, A. (2018). Racial/ethnic and geographic differences in access to a usual source of care that follows the patient-centered medical home model: Analyses from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey data. Patient Experience Journal, 5(3), 64–80. https://doi.org/10.35680/2372-0247.1246 Acceptance rate = 57%; Research Gate Journal Impact Ranking 2018 = 0.47
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., Weech-Maldonado, R., Hearld, L., Pradhan, R., & Davlyatov, G. (2018). The Privatization of Public Hospitals: Its Impact on Financial Performance. Medical Care Research and Review (Online). https://doi.org/10.1177/1077558718781606 IF = 2.577 H Index = 77 SJR 2018 = 1.6 Q1 (best quartile) Scopus cite score = 2.51 Highest percentile 2/28 Acceptance rate = 6%
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., Weech-Maldonado, R., McRoy, L., Epané, J., Zengul, F., & Hearld, L. (n.d.). Do Medicare and Medicaid payer mix change after the privatization of hospitals? Medical Care Research and Review. https://doi.org/N/A, JCR IF = 2.577; 5-year-3.455; Scimago SJR 2018 = 1.6, Q1, H index = 77; Scopus cite score = 2.36, 38/225, 83rd percentile; Cabells’ International acceptance rate = 6%
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z., Hearld, L., Epané, J. P., McRoy, L., & Weech-Maldonado, R. (n.d.). Assessing the impact of privatization of public hospitals on community orientation: A stakeholder approach. Advances in Health Care Management. https://doi.org/N/A Scimago SJR 2018 = 0.122, Q4
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best paper award, MBAA International -Business and Health Administration Association Annual Meeting. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2014 All Academy of Management William H. Newman Award nominee, Academy of Management. 2014
- Award / Honor Nominee: Academy of Management Health Care Management Division best dissertation-based paper nominee, Academy of Management Annual Meeting. 2014
- Award / Honor Nominee: Academy of Management Health Care Management Division best paper nominee, Academy of Management Annual Meeting. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dr. M. Alfred Haynes Research Training Institute for Social Equity Scholar. 2013
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Zo H. Assessing racial/ethnic disparities in experiences of care among Medicare beneficiaries diagnosed with cancer using the linked SEER-CAHPS® Database, Texas State University, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: January 2018 - May 2019). Grant.
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Zo H (Principal), Hearld, Larry, Weech-Maldonado, Robert. The Impact of Public Hospitals’ Privatization on Nurse Staffing, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (R03), Federal, $84760. (Funded: September 2015 - August 2017). Grant.
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Zo. Research Training Grant, Governors State University, Governors State Univeristy, $3000. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Zo H (Other). Fisk Mini-Grant, Governors State University, $600. (Funded: 2013 - 2015). Grant.
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Zo H, Comer-HaGans, DeLawnia, Chambers, Nadene. Employee Performance Appraisal Simulation Mini-grant, Association of University Programs in Health Administration, $3500. (Funded: 2013 - 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Texas State University-Faculty Search Committee Member-Clinical Laboratory Science
September 1, 2019-Present
Texas State University Retirement and Benefit Programs Committee
June 6, 2019-Present
Reviewer / Referee
Health Care Management Review
Research Committee-Academy of Management-Health Care Management Division
Reviewer / Referee
June 28, 2018-Present