Faculty Profile for Dr. Erica Nason
Biography and EducationDr. Erica Nason joined the faculty in the School of Social Work in the Fall of 2017. Prior to arriving at Texas State University, Dr. Nason received her Ph.D. from the University of New Mexico in 2015 and completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Texas Health Science Center.
Teaching InterestsResearch methods, clinical science, interpersonal relationships, psychopathology
Research InterestsDr. Nason's research focuses on (1) identifying behavioral mechanisms that increase prevalence rates of sexual trauma on college campuses, (2) developing effective interventions to decrease the occurrence and impact of sexual assaults, and (3) examining factors that contribute to resiliency following a trauma and that are associated with better outcomes following treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder (e.g. social support, premorbid functioning).
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Nason, E. E., Yeater, E. A., & Hoyt, T. (2020). Factors Affecting Undergraduate Men’s Judgments of the Effectiveness of Women’s Responses to Sexual and Nonsexual Social Situations. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Resick, P., Lasovio, S., Wachen, J., Dillon, K., Nason, E. E., Dondanville, K., … Mintz, J. (n.d.). Predictors of treatment outcome in group or individual cognitive processing therapy for PTSD among active military. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, and Practice.
- Nason, E. E., & Yeater, E. A. (2019). Type of Judge Influences Judgments of College Women’s Responses to Increasingly Coercive Sexual and Nonsexual Social Situations. Archives of Sexual Behavior. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-019-01557-1
- Nason, E. E., Trahan, M. H., Smith, K. S., Metsis, V., & Selber, K. (2019). Virtual treatment for veteran social anxiety disorder: A comparison of 360° video and 3D virtual reality. Journal of Technology in Human Services, 1–21. https://doi.org/10.1080/15228835.2019.1692760
- Moring, J. C., Nason, E. E., Hale, W. J., Wachen, J. S., Dondanville, K. A., Straud, C., … Resick, P. A. (2019). Conceptualizing comorbid PTSD and depression among treatment-seeking, active duty military service members. Journal of Affective Disorders, 256, 541–549. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2019.06.039
- Nason, Erica Elizabeth (Principal), Blankenship, Abby (Co-Principal). Addressing the Farmer Suicide Crisis: Mental Health Education for Agriculture Students, Federal, $475424. (Submitted: June 28, 2018, Funded: January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2023). Grant.
- Nason, Erica Elizabeth. Research Enhancement Program, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: December 15, 2017 - May 31, 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
APA Division 12 (Clinical) Science and Implementation Sub-committee
Social Justice Work Group
CSWE Reaccreditation Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethic
American Psychological Association- Division 56