Faculty Profile for Dr. Erica Nason
Biography and EducationDr. Erica Nason joined the faculty in the School of Social Work in the Fall of 2017. Prior to arriving at Texas State University, Dr. Nason received her Ph.D. from the University of New Mexico in 2015 and completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Texas Health Science Center.
Teaching InterestsResearch methods, clinical science, interpersonal relationships, psychopathology
Research InterestsDr. Nason's research focuses on (1) identifying behavioral mechanisms that increase prevalence rates of sexual trauma on college campuses, (2) developing effective interventions to decrease the occurrence and impact of sexual assaults, and (3) examining factors that contribute to resiliency following a trauma and that are associated with better outcomes following treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder (e.g. social support, premorbid functioning).
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Nason, E. E., Borah, E. V., Hale, W. J., Wachen, J. S., Dondanville, K. A., Mintz, J., … Resick, P. A. (n.d.). The Effects of Interpersonal Support on Treatment Outcomes Using Cognitive Processing Therapy. Cognitive Therapy and Research. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1007/s10608-020-10181-6
- Trahan, M. H., Morley, R. H., Nason, E. E., Rodrigues, N. A., Huerta, L., & Metsis, V. (2020). Virtual reality exposure simulation for student veteran social anxiety and PTSD: A case study. Clinical Social Work Journal. https://doi.org/https:/doi.org/10.1007/s10615-020-00784-7
- Nason, E. E., & Yeater, E. A. (2020). Type of Judge Influences Judgments of College Women’s Responses to Increasingly Coercive Sexual and Nonsexual Social Situations. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 49(3), 895–907. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-019-01557-1
- Resick, P., Lasovio, S., Wachen, J., Dillon, K., Nason, E. E., Dondanville, K., … Mintz, J. (2020). Predictors of treatment outcome in group or individual cognitive processing therapy for PTSD among active military. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 44, 611–620. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/s10608-020-10085-5
- Nason, E. E., Yeater, E. A., & Hoyt, T. (2020). Sexual Attitudes, Perceptions of Attractiveness, and Level of Coercion Affect Undergraduate Men’s Judgments of Women’s Responses to Sexual and Nonsexual Social Situations. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1–23. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1177/0886260519900293
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 Award for Most Valuable Paper on novel advancements in psychotherapy, Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy. February 2021 - Present
- Nason, Erica Elizabeth (Principal), Blankenship, Abby (Co-Principal). Addressing the Farmer Suicide Crisis: Mental Health Education for Agriculture Students, Federal, $475424. (Submitted: June 28, 2018, Funded: January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2023). Grant.
- Nason, Erica Elizabeth. Research Enhancement Program, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: December 15, 2017 - May 31, 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Clinical Case Studies
Reviewer / Referee
Travis County District Attorney's office
Institutional Review Board
Research Curriculum Team