Faculty Profile for Dr. Zhijie Sasha Dong
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Fulton, L. V., Dong, Z., Zhan, F. B., Kruse, C. S., & Stigler Granados, P. E. (2019). Geospatial-Temporal and Demand Models for Opioid Admissions, Implications for Policy. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 8, 993. https://doi.org/doi:10.3390/jcm8070993 2018 JCR IF: 5.7, Q1 15/160: Medicine-General & Internal, CiteScore: 2.7, Q1 6/844 General Medicine
- Dong, Z., Chen, W., Li, J., & Zhao, Q. (2020). Optimal Pricing and Inventory Strategies for Introducing a New Product Based On Product Substitution Effects. Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, 13(5), 1.
- Olanrewaju, O. G., Hu, S., & Dong, Z. (n.d.). Supplier Selection Decision Making in Disaster Response. Computers and Industrial Engineering.
- Meng, L., Christenson, L., & Dong, Z. (2019). Strategic Development of Fresh E-Commerce With Respect to New Retail. In Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE 16th International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC).
- Hu, S., Han, C., Dong, Z., & Meng, L. (2019). A Multi-stage Stochastic Programming Model for Relief Distribution Considering the State of Road Network. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 123, 64–87.
- Award / Honor Recipient: NSF Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) Research Initiation Initiative (CRII). June 2020
- Award / Honor Nominee: Top 30 Junior Researchers in the Data Science, Statistics, Management, and Decision Sciences Communities, Harvard Business School. April 2020
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2019 POMS Emerging Scholars Program. May 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: IISE Annual Conference Modeling and Simulation Track Best Student Paper (as advisor). May 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: IISE Annual Conference New Faculty Colloquium, Invited Participant. May 2018
- Dong, Zhijie. CRII: CIF: A Machine Learning-based Computational Framework for Large-Scale Stochastic Programming, National Science Foundation, Federal, $175000. (Submitted: August 2019, Funded: June 2020 - May 2022). Grant.
- Wang, Feng (Principal), Dong, Zhijie (Co-Principal), Luo, Xiaohua (Co-Principal), Schemmel, John Joseph (Supporting), Humphries, Evan Diane (Supporting). Texas National Summer Transportation Institute, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal, $43227.32. (Submitted: June 2019, Funded: June 2019 - October 2019). Grant.
- Dong, Zhijie. Stochastic Optimization for Supplier Selection and Pre-positioning Relief Supplies, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: January 2019 - May 2020). Grant.
- Dong, Zhijie. Material Handling Education/ Material Handling Institute, Institutional (Higher Ed), $25000. (Funded: January 2018 - March 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
INFORMS Transportation Science and Logistics Society
INFORMS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee
2020 IISE Annual Conference Logistics and Supply Chain Track
Reviewer / Referee
Omega - International Journal of Management Science
Reviewer / Referee