Faculty Profile for Dr. Susana Villanueva-Eguia-Lis
Biography and EducationDr. Susana Villanueva Eguia Lis, Ph.D. (Texas Tech University), currently works as Spanish Lecturer at Texas State University in San Marcos, TX. Before, she worked as Spanish Editor and E-Learning Consultant for MTS Technologies, Inc. in Austin, TX and Albuquerque, NM. Apart from the years she spent as Spanish Instructor at Texas Tech University and West Virginia University, Villanueva has also been instructor at Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan, Centro Universitario del Mayab and Spanish Coordinator at University of Mary Washington. She is also the current Faculty Advisor of the Texas State Chess Club.
Teaching InterestsLatin American Culture and Civilization, Advance Grammar and Composition, Medical Spanish, Spanish Language Classes, Intro to Hispanic American Literature
Research InterestsLatin American women writers, Chicano poetry, Mexican and Indigenous women writers, Mexican Literature, Spanish Modernismo, Spanish poetry, Archival research.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Villanueva-Eguia-Lis, S. (2018, December). "Beso "(Kiss Poetry in Watercolor). Chachalaca Review. Rio Grande Valley, Texas, USA: journal is published under the Center for Mexican American Studies, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Retrieved from https://chachalacareview.com/beso-poesia-en-acuarela
- Villanueva-Eguia-Lis, S. (2018, December). “La Migrante” (The migrant Woman) Poetry on Ink. Chachalaca Review Journal. Rio Grande Valley, Texas, USA: Journal is published under the Center for Mexican American Studies, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Retrieved from https://chachalacareview.com/la-migrante-poesia-en-tinta
- Villanueva-Eguia-Lis, S. (2018). Primera Mujer Modernista de Hispanoamerica, Siglo XIX Prefeminismo Azul: La poética modernista de María Enriqueta Camarillo y Roa. Madrid, Spain: Pliegos Editorial. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330971239_Primera_Mujer_Modernista_de_Hispanoamerica_Siglo_XIX_Prefeminismo_Azul_La_poetica_modernista_de_Maria_Enriqueta_Camarillo_y_Roa
- Villanueva-Eguia-Lis, S. (2016). "La poética modernista de María Enriqueta Camarillo en La Revista Azul : poesías inéditas de 1895. Journal of Hispanic Modernismo, 7, 228–245. Retrieved from https://en.calameo.com/read/004409365591ad645bb10
- Villanueva-Eguia-Lis, S. (n.d.). “Arst Poetica.” Latino Book Review Journal. USA.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Latina Star, Hispanic Policy Network. May 14, 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Diverstiy Team Award for the year 2017, Office of Equity and Access. January 2018 - Present
Selected Service Activities
Letras Hispanas Journal
Editorial Review Board Member
Revista Eucalíptica: International Poetry, Creative Writing & Literature in Spanish Magazine
Coordinator / Organizer
FIP (Festival Internacional de Poesía), International Spanish Poetry & Music Festival
Intercambios: Spanish Language Mixer
March 1, 2017-2019
Chess Club at Texas State University
January 2018-December 2019