Faculty Profile for Amanda Elizabeth Scott
Biography and EducationAmanda Scott earned her MA in Technical Communication from Texas State University, where she teaches writing and editing. She also serves as Assistant Executive Editor of Porter House Review and manages the Lindsey Literary Series digital archive. Her prose has appeared in The Common, Gulf Coast, Phoebe Journal, Word Riot, and is forthcoming in Crab Orchard Review. Her research has appeared in Technical Communication Quarterly and is forthcoming in Cuentos & Testimonies: Diversity and Inclusion at Texas State.
Teaching InterestsTechnical & Professional Writing; Creative Writing; Rhetoric & Composition
Research InterestsTechnical Communication; Critical Race Studies; New Media Studies
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Scott, A. E. (2019, January 8). Project/Object. Phoebe Journal. Fairfax, VA, United States: George Mason University.
- Balzhiser, D. A., Pimentel, C. N., & Scott, A. E. (n.d.). “Matters of Form: Questions of Race, Identity, Design, and the U.S. Census Bureau.” Technical Communication Quarterly, 28(3). https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/10572252.2018.1539192
- Scott, A. E. (n.d.). Cultivating Advocacy in the Age of Generation Z. Cuentos & Testimonies: Diversity and Inclusion at Texas State.
- Scott, A. E. (n.d.). Room with Bright Window. Crab Orchard Review. Carbondale, IL, United States: Southern Illinois University.
- Scott, A. E. (2018, March 14). Me Matas, Te Mato. The Common. Amherst, MA, United States: Amherst College.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding University Seminar Faculty Award, University Seminar, University College. May 4, 2018 - August 21, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best US 1100 Instructor/Peer Mentor Duo Award, PACE Mentoring Program, University College, Texas State University. December 2, 2017
Selected Service Activities
English Internships Committee
Lindsey Literary Series Committee
Nontenure Line Faculty Committee, Faculty Senate
Common Experience Committee, University College
First-Year English Handbook Subcommittee