Faculty Profile for Dr. Katherine Rice Warnell
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Warnell, K. R., & Redcay, E. (2019). Minimal coherence among varied theory of mind measures in childhood and adulthood. Cognition, 191, 103997. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cognition.2019.06.009
- Pluymen, P., Pequet, A., Thomas, H., & Warnell, K. R. (2021). Capturing individual differences in social motivation using a novel interactive task. Personality and Individual Differences, 177, 110725. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2021.110725
- Stegall-Rodriguez, S., Weimer, A., & Warnell, K. R. (n.d.). Alternative perspectives: Relations between belief reasoning and ambiguous figure perception in bilingual children. Infant and Child Development. https://doi.org/10.1002/icd.2258
- Warnell, K. R., De La Cerda, C., & Frost, A. (n.d.). Disentangling relations between attention to the eyes and empathy. Emotion. https://doi.org/10.1037/emo0000998
- Mittal, S. E., Warnell, K. R., & Silvera, D. H. (n.d.). In the world of plastics: How thinking style influences preference for cosmetic surgery. Marketing Letters. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11002-021-09576-6
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. February 28, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. April 2021
- Award / Honor Nominee: Departmental Nominee Presidential Award in Teaching at Assistant Professor Level, Texas State University. February 1, 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. November 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Panhellenic Council Professor Appreciation, Panhellenic Council. October 2020
- Warnell, Katherine Rice (Principal). Language-Based Social Biases in Monolingual and Bilingual Young Adults, Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1500. (Submitted: July 31, 2021). Grant.
- Warnell, Katherine Rice (Principal). Social Cognitive Mechanisms of Social Anxiety, Department of Psychology, Texas State University, Texas State University, $2000. (Funded: March 1, 2021 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Warnell, Katherine Rice (Principal), Clegg, Jennifer M (Co-Principal). The Development of Prosocial Lying in Childhood, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, Texas State University, $16000. (Funded: December 15, 2018 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
September 1, 2021-Present
Frontiers in Psychiatry, Section on Social Cognition
September 11, 2019-Present
Graduate Program Committee
September 1, 2019-Present
Science in the Parks
Reviewer / Referee