Faculty Profile for Dr. Hyunwoo Yoon
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Yoon, H., & Jang, Y. (2019). Willingness to seek professional mental health service in three ethnic groups of Asian Americans. Journal of Ethnic & Cultural Diversity in Social Work. https://doi.org/doi:10.1080/15313204.2019.1680589
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Rhee, M., Park, N. S., Chiriboga, D. A., & Kim, M. T. (2019). Factors associated with dental service use of older Korean Americans. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, 47(4), 340–345. https://doi.org/doi.10.1111/cdoe.12464
- Jang, Y., Park, N. S., Rhee, M., Chiriboga, D. A., Yoon, H., & Kim, M. T. (2019). Healthcare navigation self-sufficiency in older Korean immigrants. Journal of Applied Gerontology. https://doi.org/doi:10.1177/0733464819842495
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Park, N. S., & Chiriboga, D. A. (2019). Mental health service use and percieved unmet needs for mental health care in Asian Americans. Community Mental Health Journal, 55(2), 241–248. https://doi.org/doi: 10.1007/s10597-018-0348-3
- Yoon, H., Jang, Y., Choi, K., & Kim, H. (2018). Preventive dental care utilization in Asian Americans in Austin, Texas: Does neighborhood matter? International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(10). https://doi.org/doi: 10.3390/ijerph15102261
- Award / Honor Recipient: Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, Asian and Pacific Islanders Social Work Education Association (APISWEA; an affiliated group of CSWE). July 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mental Health and Substance Abuse Fellowship, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and Council on Social Work Education Minority Fellowship Program (CSWE-MFP). July 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professional Development Award, School of Social Work, The University of Texas at Austin. May 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Behavioral and Social Science Student Travel Award, The Gerontological Society of America. November 2014
- Yoon, H. (Principal). Improving Access to Healthcare in Asian Americans: The Role of Individual and Contextual Factors, National Institute on Health (NIH) / National Institute on Aging (NIA)’s Resource Centers for Minority Aging Research (RCMAR), Federal, $35000. (Submitted: January 2019, Funded: February 2019 - December 2020). Grant.
- Yoon, H.. Health and Healthcare among Older Immigrants in California: Analysis of Social Network Analysis (SNA) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)”, Texas State University Learning Community Grant, Texas State University, $10000. (Funded: September 2017 - December 2018). Grant.
- Yoon, H. (Principal). Dental Care Use in Asian Americans: The Role of Neighborhood and Community Environment, Research Enhancement Program (REP), Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: December 2016 - May 2018). Grant.
- Yoon, Hyunwoo (Other), Jang, Yuri (Principal). Limited English Proficiency: Implications for Health and Health Care among Older Immigrants, National Institute on Aging, Federal, $1360300. (Funded: May 2015 - April 2020). Grant.
- Yoon, Hyunwoo (Other), Jang, Yuri (Principal). Asian American Quality of Life (AAQoL) Project, City of Austin, TX, Municipal, $139758. (Funded: May 2015 - June 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting
Korean American Social Work Educators Association (KASWEA)
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Public Policy Studies
Reviewer / Referee
Council on Social Work Education Anuual Program Meeting