Faculty Profile for Dr. Hyunwoo Yoon
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Park, N. S., & Chiriboga, D. A. (2019). Mental health service use and percieved unmet needs for mental health care in Asian Americans. Community Mental Health Journal, 55(2), 241–248. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10597-018-0348-3
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Rhee, M., Park, N. S., Chiriboga, D. A., & Kim, M. T. (n.d.). Factors associated with dental service use of older Korean Americans. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology.
- Yoon, H., Yang, J., Choi, K., & Kim, H. (2018). Preventive dental care utilization in Asian Americans in Austin, Texas: Does neighborhood matter? International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(10). https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15102261
- Yoon, H., Jang, Y., Vaughan, P. W., & Garcia, M. (2018). Older adults’ Internet use for health information: Digital divide by race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status. Journal of Applied Gerontology. https://doi.org/10.1177/0733464818770772
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Kim, M. T., Park, N. S., & Chiriboga, D. A. (2018). Preference for patient–provider ethnic concordance in Asian Americans. Ethnicity & Health, 24(1), 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1080/13557858.2018.1514457
- Award / Honor Recipient: Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, Asian and Pacific Islanders Social Work Education Association (APISWEA; an affiliated group of CSWE). July 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mental Health and Substance Abuse Fellowship, Council on Social Work Education- Minority Fellowship Program (CSWE-MFP) and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). July 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professional Development Award, School of Social Work, The University of Texas at Austin. May 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Behavioral and Social Science Student Travel Award, The Gerontological Society of America. November 2014
- Yoon, Hyunwoo (Principal). Dental Care Use in Asian Americans: The Role of Neighborhood and Community Environment, Research Enhancement Program (REP), Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: December 2016). Grant.
- Yoon, H. (Principal). Improving Access to Healthcare in Asian Americans: The Role of Individual and Contextual Factors, National Institute on Health (NIH) / National Institute on Aging (NIA)’s Resource Centers for Minority Aging Research (RCMAR), Federal, $35000. (Submitted: January 2019, Funded: February 2019 - January 2020). Grant.
- Yoon, H.. Health and Healthcare among Older Immigrants in California: Analysis of Social Network Analysis (SNA) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)”, College of Applied Arts, Texas State University, $10000. (Funded: September 2017 - December 2018). Grant.
- Yoon, Hyunwoo (Other), Jang, Yuri (Principal). Limited English Proficiency: Implications for Health and Health Care among Older Immigrants, National Institute on Aging, Federal, $1360300. (Funded: May 2015 - April 2020). Grant.
- Yoon, Hyunwoo (Other), Jang, Yuri (Principal). Asian American Quality of Life (AAQoL) Project, City of Austin, Municipal, $139758. (Funded: May 2015 - June 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Public Policy Studies
Reviewer / Referee
Council on Social Work Education Anuual Program Meeting
BSW Program Committee School of Social Work