Faculty Profile for Dr. Sara Tabak Damiano
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Damiano, S. T. (2018). The Abigail Adams “Problem;” or, Teaching Women’s History of the Revolutionary Era. The Panorama: Expansive Views from the Journal of the Early Republic.
- Damiano, S. T. (2017). Writing Women’s History Through the Revolution: Family Finances, Letter Writing and Conceptions of Marriage. William and Mary Quarterly, 74, 697–728.
- Damiano, S. T. (2016, July). Journal of the Early Republic.
- Damiano, S. T. (2015). Agents at Home: Wives, Lawyers, and Financial Competence in Eighteenth-Century New England Port Cities. Early American Studies, 13, 808–835.
- Damiano, S. T. (2013). “To Well and Truly Administer”: Female Administrators and Estate Settlement in Newport, Rhode Island, 1730-1776. New England Quarterly, 86, 89–124.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, Assistant Professor Level. February 1, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Short-Term Fellowship, Program in Early American Economy and Society, Library Company of Philadelphia. March 1, 2013 - March 30, 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Ruth Simmons Prize for Best Thesis in Women's Studies, Brown University. May 15, 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Senior Honors Thesis Prize for Best Humanities Honors Thesis, Brown University. May 15, 2008
- Damiano, Sara Tabak. To Her Credit: Gender, Law, and Economic Life in Eighteenth-Century American Cities, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 11, 2016, Funded: July 1, 2017 - August 31, 2017). Grant.
- Damiano, Sara Tabak. Littleton-Griswold Grant for Research in US Legal History, American Historical Association, Professional Association. (Submitted: February 1, 2013, Funded: July 1, 2013 - July 31, 2013). Grant.
- Damiano, Sara Tabak. Travel Grant, David Library of the American Revolution, Library. (Funded: August 1, 2012 - August 21, 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Liberal Arts College Curriculum Committee
February 1, 2019-Present
September 15, 2017-Present
Texas History Search Committee
May 1, 2017-Present
Reviewer / Referee
Library Company of Philadelphia NEH Postdoctoral Fellowship Selection Committee
November 15, 2018-December 15, 2018
Reviewer / Referee
Early American Studies