Faculty Profile for Dr. Madan Mohan Dey
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Adhikari, S., Deb, U., Dey, M. M., Xie, L., Khanal, N. B., Grimm, C. C., … Bechtel, P. J. (2021). Consumers’ willingness-to-pay for convenient catfish products: Results from experimental auctions in Arkansas. Aquaculture Economics & Management, 25(2), 135–158. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2020.1840663
- Surathkal, P., Dey, M. M., Engle, C., Benaissa, C., & Singh, K. (2017). Consumer demand for frozen seafood product categories in the United States. Aquaculture Economics and Management, 21(1), 9–24. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2017.1265020
- Dey, M. M., & Surathkal, P. (2020). Value chains in aquaculture and fisheries in Bangladesh. In Transforming Agriculture in South Asia (pp. 195–210). Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781003024996-14
- Hasan, M. R., Dey, M. M., & Carole Engle. (2019). Forecasting monthly catfish (Ictalurus punctatus.) pond bank and feed prices. Aquaculture Economics and Management, 23(1), 86–110. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2018.1466376
- Surathkal, P., & Dey, M. M. (2019). Are Cattle Feeding Operations Moving North? An Empirical Analysis of the USDA “Cattle on Feed” Reports. Retrieved from https://ageconsearch.umn.edu/record/291160/files/Abstracts_19_05_15_23_27_55_67__216_82_207_163_0.pdf
- Award / Honor Recipient: Chancellor’s Distinguished Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Award, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper, International Congress on Logistics and SCM Systems (ICLS 2011). March 9, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of R T Doshi Award for Best Research Paper (Food and nutritional security in Bangladesh: Going beyond carbohydrate counts) published in Agriculture Economics Research Review (India). 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of R T Doshi Award for Best Research Paper (Fish supply projections by production environments and species types in India) published in Agriculture Economics Research Review (India). 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of R T Doshi Award for Best Research Paper (Demand for fish by species in India: Three-stage budgeting framework) published in Agriculture Economics Research Review (India). 2006
- Dey, Madan Mohan (Principal), Omana Sudhakaran, Pratheesh O (Co-Principal), Surathkal, Prasanna (Co-Principal), Rahman, Mohammad Saidur (Co-Principal), Khan, Md.Akhtaruzzman (Co-Principal), Nazir, KHM Nazmul Hussain (Co-Principal), Lutfa, Samina (Co-Principal), Alim, Md. Abdul (Co-Principal). Enhancing Food Safety in Fish and Chicken Value Chains of Bangladesh, USAID, Federal, $699971. (Submitted: July 17, 2020, Funded: October 1, 2020 - Present). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. Targeted Marketing Research and Outreach for Improving the Position of Southern Aquaculture Products in the Grocery Marketplace, USDA-Southern Regional Aquaculture Center, Federal, $220191. (Funded: August 1, 2020 - July 31, 2023). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. Strategies for Inclusive Aquaculture Value Chain in Bangladesh: Analysis of Market Access, Trade, and Consumption Pattern, USAID Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Fish, Federal, $149956. (Funded: May 1, 2021 - October 31, 2022). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. Economic Status and Contribution of U.S. Aquaculture: Analyzing Viability, Economic Impact, and Management Measures for Future Success, U.S. Department of Commerce/NOAA/Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant, Federal, $79999. (Funded: December 1, 2020 - November 30, 2030). Grant.
- Dey, Madan (Principal), Liu, Xiangping (Co-Principal), Pratheesh, Omana Sudhakaran (Co-Principal), Surathkal, Prasanna (Co-Principal), Gross, Louis (Co-Principal), Lenhart, Suzanne (Co-Principal). Integrated Training and Experiential Learning (InTEL) for Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling and Computer Skills in Agricultural Sciences, USDA-NIFA-NLGCA-006780, Federal, $300000. (Submitted: September 25, 2019, Funded: January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2022). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Aquaculture Journal <https://www.journals.elsevier.com/aquaculture>
April 1, 2021-Present
Member (and Elected Vice-President)
International Association of Aquaculture Economics and Management
Editorial Board Member
“Aquaculture Economics and Management” Journal
International Institute of Fisheries Economics and Trade (IIFET)
International Agricultural Economics Association