Faculty Profile for Dr. Madan Mohan Dey
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Hasan, M. R., Dey, M. M., & Carole Engle. (2019). Forecasting monthly catfish (Ictalurus punctatus.) pond bank and feed prices. Aquaculture Economics and Management, 23(1), 86–110. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2018.1466376
- Surathkal, P., & Dey, M. M. (2019). Are Cattle Feeding Operations Moving North? An Empirical Analysis of the USDA “Cattle on Feed” Reports. Retrieved from https://ageconsearch.umn.edu/record/291160/files/Abstracts_19_05_15_23_27_55_67__216_82_207_163_0.pdf
- Dey, M. M., Surathkal, P., & Bjorndal, T. (2019). Supply Function in Aquaculture and Fisheries: A Review and Descriptive Meta Analysis.
- Dey, M. M., Surathkal, P., & Haque, A. B. M. M. (2019). Integration of Inland Fish Markets in Bangladesh: Analysis Using Principal Components.
- Surathkal, P., & Dey, M. M. (2019). Impacts of Trade Volume on Price Relationships: An Empirical Analysis of the U.S. Catfish Market.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Chancellor’s Distinguished Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Award, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper, International Congress on Logistics and SCM Systems (ICLS 2011). March 9, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of R T Doshi Award for Best Research Paper (Food and nutritional security in Bangladesh: Going beyond carbohydrate counts) published in Agriculture Economics Research Review (India). 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of R T Doshi Award for Best Research Paper (Fish supply projections by production environments and species types in India) published in Agriculture Economics Research Review (India). 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of R T Doshi Award for Best Research Paper (Demand for fish by species in India: Three-stage budgeting framework) published in Agriculture Economics Research Review (India). 2006
- Dey, Madan (Principal), Liu, Xiangping (Co-Principal), Pratheesh, Omana Sudhakaran (Co-Principal), Surathkal, Prasanna (Co-Principal), Gross, Louis (Co-Principal), Lenhart, Suzanne (Co-Principal). Integrated Training and Experiential Learning (InTEL) for Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling and Computer Skills in Agricultural Sciences, USDA-NIFA-NLGCA-006780, Federal, $300000. (Submitted: September 25, 2019, Funded: January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2022). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. Feed the Future Innovation Lab on Fish, Federal, $324224. (Funded: November 13, 2018 - November 12, 2023). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. Global AgLeader: Development of Leadership and Global Competency to Enhance Recruitment and Retention of Minority Students in Agriculture, The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), USDA, Federal, $300000. (Funded: April 15, 2018 - April 14, 2020). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. Determining Market Forces of Premium Leafy Greens in Texas, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $60000. (Funded: January 2017 - December 2017). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. ‘Designing and Testing New Catfish Products to Enhance Competitiveness of the U.S. Catfish Industry’, National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) of USDA, $400000. (Funded: 2014 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Member (and Elected Vice-President)
International Association of Aquaculture Economics and Management
Editorial Board Member
“Aquaculture Economics and Management” Journal
International Institute of Fisheries Economics and Trade (IIFET)
International Agricultural Economics Association
Reviewer / Referee
Food Policy, Marine Policy, Aquaculture Economics and Management, Marine Resources Economics, Food Security, Agricultural Systems, Land Use Policy, Aquaculture, Aquaculture International, Aquaculture Research, Journal of Aquaculture in the Tropics, Asian Fisheries Science