Faculty Profile for Dr. Madan Mohan Dey
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Hasan, M. R., Dey, M. M., & Carole Engle. (2018). Forecasting monthly catfish (Ictalurus punctatus.) pond bank and feed prices. Aquaculture Economics and Management. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2018.1466376
- Van Senten, J., Dey, M. M., & Engle, C. (2018). Effects of regulations on technical efficiency of U.S. baitfish and sportfish producers. Aquaculture Economics and Management. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2018.1454539
- Dey, M. M., Surathkal, P., Chen, O., & Engle, C. (2017). Market trends for seafood products in the USA: implication for southern aquaculture products. Aquaculture Economics and Management, 21(1), 25–43. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2017.1266710
- Surathkal, P., Dey, M. M., Engle, C., Benaissa, C., & Singh, K. (2017). Consumer demand for frozen seafood product categories in the United States. Aquaculture Economics and Management, 21(1), 9–24. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2017.1265020
- Guney, S., A.B.M. Mahfuzul Haque, & Dey, M. M. (n.d.). An Empirical Analysis of Law of One Price in Bangladesh Fish Markets: A Generalized Additive Modeling Approach.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Chancellor’s Distinguished Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Award, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper, International Congress on Logistics and SCM Systems (ICLS 2011). March 9, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of R T Doshi Award for Best Research Paper (Food and nutritional security in Bangladesh: Going beyond carbohydrate counts) published in Agriculture Economics Research Review (India). 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of R T Doshi Award for Best Research Paper (Fish supply projections by production environments and species types in India) published in Agriculture Economics Research Review (India). 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of R T Doshi Award for Best Research Paper (Demand for fish by species in India: Three-stage budgeting framework) published in Agriculture Economics Research Review (India). 2006
- Dey, Madan Mohan. Determining Market Forces of Premium Leafy Greens in Texas, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $60000. (Funded: January 2017 - December 2017). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. ‘Designing and Testing New Catfish Products to Enhance Competitiveness of the U.S. Catfish Industry’, National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) of USDA, $40000. (Funded: 2014 - Present). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan (Co-Principal), Engle, Carole (Co-Principal). ‘Implementation of Collective Action Alternatives Identified for the US Catfish Industry’, Southern Aquaculture Research Center (SRAC) of USDA, $12500. (Funded: 2014 - 2015). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. ‘Establishing Applied Economics and Marketing Laboratory Facilities at Aquaculture/Fisheries Center, UAPB', NIFA of USDA, $138195. (Funded: 2012 - 2016). Grant.
- Dey, Madan Mohan. global project on ‘Climate Change Adaptation Strategy’, USAID (through IFPRI), $45000. (Funded: 2012 - 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Member (and Elected Vice-President)
International Association of Aquaculture Economics and Management
Editorial Board Member
“Aquaculture Economics and Management” Journal
International Institute of Fisheries Economics and Trade (IIFET)
International Agricultural Economics Association
Reviewer / Referee
Food Policy, Marine Policy, Aquaculture Economics and Management, Marine Resources Economics, Food Security, Agricultural Systems, Land Use Policy, Aquaculture, Aquaculture International, Aquaculture Research, Journal of Aquaculture in the Tropics, Asian Fisheries Science