Faculty Profile for Dr. Xi Pan
Research InterestsPublic Health of Aging; Epidemiology and Aging; Health Disparities; Healthcare and Health Promotion; Chronic Disease Management; Global Health
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Pan, X., & Chee, K. H. (2019). The Power of Weak Ties in Preserving Cognition: A Longitudinal Study of Older Chinese Adults. Aging & Mental Health. https://doi.org/DOI:10.1080/13607863.2019.1597015
- Watt, T. T., Ceballos, N. A., Kim, S., Pan, X., & Sharma, S. (2019). The unique nature of depression and anxiety among college students with adverse childhood experiences. Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma, [E-Pub Ahead of Print] https://doi.org/10.1007/s40653-019-00270-4.
- Pan, X., Zhang, D., & Shi, L. (2020). Longitudinal Evidence on Grandparenting and Cognitive Function in Older Adults in China. Journal of Intergenerational Relationship.
- Pan, X., & Meng, H. (2020). Pain management and cognitive function among older adults: an exploratory study of the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Study. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research.
- Pan, X. (2019). Repeated Cross-Sectional Design. In Encyclopedia of Gerontology and Population Aging.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Grant and Proposal Writing Certificate. November 13, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. August 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Awarded 2017 Multicultural Curriculum Transformation Institute, Texas State University. May 26, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: RAND Summer Institute, RAND. July 14, 2016
- Luo, Ye (Principal), Pan, Xi (Co-Principal). Neighborhood Environments and Cognitive Decline Among Middle-Aged and Older Adults in China, National Institute of Aging, Federal, $154174. (Funded: 2020 - 2022). Grant.
- Pan, Xi (Principal), Westerberg, Carmen E (Co-Principal). A Comprehensive Psychosocial Intervention for Reducing Burden in Informal Caregivers of People Living with Mild and Moderate Dementia, Texas State University, $28468. (Funded: December 2019 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Pan, Xi. Exploring Lifestyle Risks of Liver Cancer among Middle-Aged and Older Hispanics in Central Texas, Texas State University, $2500. (Funded: 2017 - 2018). Grant.
- Watt, Toni Terling (Principal), Ceballos, Natalie A (Co-Principal), Kim, Seoyoun (Co-Principal), Pan, Xi (Co-Principal). Multi-disciplinary Internal Research Grant, Texas State University, Texas State University, $20000. (Funded: September 2017 - August 2018). Grant.
- Pan, Xi (Supporting), Davis, James (Principal). GHS-REACH: A Caregiver Coaching Intervention for High Risk Patient/Caregivers to Extend Dementia Capable Services, DHHS/Administration on Aging, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1000000. (Funded: 2015 - 2018). Grant.