Faculty Profile for Dr. Sidney Thomas Anderson
Biography and EducationDr. Anderson is an assistant professor of Marketing, and a research fellow in the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship. Currently, he is working on the SCALEUP program, which is a Texas State University initiative designed to research the factors restraining minority-owned business growth and develop remedies. He earned a PhD in Marketing (2016) from Florida State University after receiving his MBA (2011) and B.S. in Computer Information Systems (2000) from the University of Central Missouri. Prior to entering academia, he gained twelve years of experience in the IT industry, where he assisted in implementing enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; his consulting expertise includes data conversion and systems integration. His research interests include marketing strategy, healthcare marketing, and service operations management. His work has been published in Decision Sciences, Psychology & Marketing, European Journal of Marketing, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Journal of Retailing & Consumer Services, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Journal of Strategic Marketing, Journal of Service Management, Journal of Services Marketing, Service Industries Journal, Health Services Management Research, Marketing Education Review, and Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education.
Teaching InterestsMarketing Management, Principles of Marketing
Research InterestsMarketing Strategy, Healthcare Marketing, Service Operations Management, Future Thinking
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Smith, J., Shockley, J., Anderson, S. T., & Liu, X. (2022). Tensions in the Emergency Department? The Impact of Flow Stage Times on Managing Patient-Reported Experiences and Financial Productivity. Decision Sciences, 53(3), 514-556 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 3, ABDC: A*, QMST: A+, Impact Factor: 2.33). https://doi.org/10.1111/deci.12503
- Anderson, S. T. (2021). Examining the Relationship Between Patient Experience and Readmission Rates: A Profile Deviation Analysis. Health Services Management Research, 34(4), 234-240 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 1, ABDC: C, Management Dept: B, Impact Factor: 2.50). https://doi.org/10.1177/0951484820987499
- Rayburn, S. W., Badrinarayanan, V. A., Anderson, S. T., & Gupta, A. (2021). Continuous techno-training and business-to-business salesperson success: How boosting techno-efficacy enhances sales effort and performance. Journal of Business Research, 133, 66-78 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 3, ABDC: A, Marketing Dept: A, Impact Factor: 7.55). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2021.04.066
- Rayburn, S. W., Anderson, S. T., & Sierra, J. J. (2020). Future Thinking: A Marketing Perspective on Reducing Wildlife Crime. Psychology and Marketing, 37(12), 1643-1655 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 3, ABDC: A, Marketing Dept.: A, Impact Factor: 2.93, Lead Article). https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.21413
- Anderson, S. T., & Anderson, J. E. (2020). Leave Some for Me! The Role of Marketing in Influencing Responsible Consumption During Times of Crisis. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 0(0), 1-19 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 2, ABDC: A, Marketing Dept: B+, Impact Factor: 3.60). https://doi.org/10.1080/0965254X.2020.1833075
- Award / Honor Recipient: McCoy College of Business Administration Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow, American Marketing Association. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, Service Industries Journal. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Fellows Society, Florida State University. 2012 - 2016
- Anderson, Sidney Thomas. McCoy Faculty Development Grant (Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Certificate), $1999. (Funded: October 2021 - December 2021). Grant.
- Anderson, Sidney Thomas. McCoy Faculty Development Grant (Data Analytics Training), Private / Foundation / Corporate, $3750. (Funded: December 2018). Grant.
- Rayburn, Steven W, Anderson, Sidney Thomas, Nasr, Linda. Environmental Service Committee Grant, Texas State University, $12500. (Submitted: 2016, Funded: 2017 - 2018). Grant.
- Anderson, Sidney Thomas. McCoy Faculty Development Grant (Service Design Training), Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2000. (Funded: December 2017). Grant.
- Anderson, Sidney Thomas (Principal). Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 2016, Funded: May 2017 - August 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Health Marketing Quarterly
America Marketing Association, Texas State University Chapter
MBA Admissions Committee
Subject Pool Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Services Marketing