Faculty Profile for Dr. Linda Alkire
Biography and EducationDr. Alkire (née Nasr) earned her Ph.D. from the Alliance Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester, UK, where she was awarded the highly competitive and prestigious Manchester Business School Doctoral Studentship. Dr. Alkire received her MBA (Highest Distinction) from the Lebanese American University (Lebanon) and a B.A. in Business Marketing (Highest Distinction) from Notre Dame University (Lebanon). Dr. Alkire has been awarded full scholarships for all her three degrees (B.A., MBA, Ph.D.).
Before joining the marketing faculty at Texas State University, Dr. Alkire was an Assistant Professor at the University of Manchester, UK.
Teaching InterestsAlthough motivated by research, Dr. Alkire is also highly committed to teaching and training the next generation of service managers and executives by equipping them with cutting-edge knowledge and necessary skills to plan, reflect, and execute successful business strategies.
Dr. Alkire has a strong international teaching experience. She taught undergraduate and graduate levels courses in Lebanon, the United Kingdom, France, and the United States.
At the McCoy College of Business, Dr. Alkire teaches Services Marketing and Principles of Marketing. She is also contributing to the services marketing concentration offered in the Department of Marketing at Texas State. At the University of Manchester, Linda taught undergraduate and graduate levels courses such as Critical Marketing, Relationship Marketing and Customer Experience Management.
Dr. Alkire has also supervised a number of Masters dissertations and is currently supervising a Ph.D. dissertation.
Research InterestsDr. Alkire’s research interests include Transformative Service Research (TSR), Service Marketing and Management, and Technology and Service.
In particular, Dr. Alkire is working on further exploring TSR related topics. TSR has been identified as one of the top service research priorities (Ostrom et al., 2015). Dr. Alkire’s interest in TSR is also dictated by a deep and personal conviction that researchers should contribute to the well-being of the service community and society in general by offering transformational insights to service providers.
In addition, Dr. Alkire is interested in transdisciplinary research, in particular, the usage of novel technology interfaces within service deliveries, and the role of technology in shaping service experiences.
Dr. Alkire has published her research in a number of journals including the Journal of Service Management, the Journal of Services Marketing, The Service Industries Journal, European Journal of Management, and the Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict.
For her research, Dr. Alkire has been awarded a number of prestigious awards, such as:
- Robert Johnson Award - Outstanding Paper, Journal of Service Management (2018).
- Highly Commended Paper, Journal of Services Marketing (2018).
- Young Scholar submission, 2018 Organizational Frontline Symposium (2018).
- Best "Service Consumer Paper" Award, Journal of Services Marketing- 2016 SERVSIG conference.
- Liam Glynn Research Scholarship Award, Arizona State University Center for Services Leadership (2014).
Dr. Alkire has been a guest speaker at international academic and industry conferences and has presented in the United Kingdom, Sweden, Australia and the United States.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Nasr, L., & Fisk, R. P. (n.d.). The Global Refugee Crisis How Can Transformative Service Researchers Help? The Service Industries Journal.
- Nasr, L., Burton, J., & Gruber, T. (2018). Developing a Deeper Understanding of Positive Customer Feedback. Journal of Services Marketing, 32(2), 142–160.
- Fisk, R. P., Dean, A., Alkire, L., Joubert, A., Previte, J., Robertson, N., & Rosembaum, M. (2018). Design for Service Inclusion: Creating Inclusive Service Systems by 2050. Journal of Service Management, 29, 834–858.
- Keiningham, T., Ball, J., Benoit, S., Bruce, H., Buoye, A., Dzenkovska, J., … Zaki, M. (2017). The Interplay of Customer Experience and Commitment. Journal of Services Marketing, 31(2), 148–160.
- Alkire, L., Pohlmann, J., & Barnett, W. (n.d.). Triggers and motivators of privacy protection behavior on Facebook. Journal of Services Marketing.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Robert J. Olney Early Career Research Award, McCoy College of Business Administration. 2018 - 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Highly Commended Paper, Journal of Service Management. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Highly Commended Paper, Journal of Services Marketing. 2017 - 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Robert Johnson Award - Outstanding Paper, Journal of Service Management. 2017 - 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best "Service Consumer Paper" Award, Journal of Services Marketing-2016 SERVSIG conference. June 2016
- Nasr, Linda. Travel Funds, Program for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Texas State University, $900. (Funded: November 2017). Grant.
- Alkire, Linda. McCoy College Faculty Development Grant, $1100. (Submitted: 2018, Funded: 2019). Grant.
- Alkire, Linda, Flasch, Paulina S. Investigating socioemotional and psychological workplace stressors and the impact of workplace skills-training on service-sector front-line employee wellbeing, 2018 Speed Networking (modified) for Researchers Multidisciplinary Team Incentive, Texas State University, $1000. (Submitted: May 2018, Funded: July 2018 - July 2019). Grant.
- Rayburn, Steven W, Anderson, Sidney Thomas, Nasr, Linda. Environmental Service Committee Grant, Texas State University, $12500. (Submitted: 2016, Funded: 2017 - 2018). Grant.
- Nasr, Linda. McCoy College Faculty Development Grant, $3000. (Submitted: 2017, Funded: 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Journal of Services Marketing
The Service Industries Journal
Journal of Service Management
SERVSIG - Service Special Interest Group of the American Marketing Association
July 1, 2018-July 2, 2020
25th SERVSIG Doctoral Consortium