Faculty Profile for Rosario Davis
Biography and EducationRosario Davis is Associate Director of International Affairs at Texas State University. She directs and teaches in the Texas State Intensive English (TSIE) program. Rosario has taught ESL at the higher education level at Skagit Valley College in Mount Vernon, Washington, and was an ESL specialist at the Seguin Independent School District in Seguin, Texas. Other secondary teaching locations include the Southwest Independent School District in San Antonio, Texas and the Laredo Independent School district on the Texas border with Mexico. She has also taught English in Baku, Azerbaijan, and traveled extensively to represent TSIE.
Mrs. Davis has a B.A. English from Texas A&M University, M.A. Communication Arts from St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, secondary teaching certification from Texas A&M International University in Laredo, and her TESL Certification from Western Washington University in Bellingham.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Davis, R., & Kwon, H. J. (2016). Needs Analysis for International Students with IEP History.
- Davis, R., & Kwon, H. J. (2015). Faculty Perceptions on International Students’ Academic Preparedness.
- Blake, N. A., Sehin, O., Partain, J. W., Valles Molina, D., Marquez, A., Jimenez, J., … Davis, R. (2020). Cross-cultural engineering skill development at an international engineering summer boot camp. https://doi.org/10.18260/1-2--34357
- Award / Honor Recipient: Staff Award for Outstanding Achievement in International Education, Texas State University International Office. May 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Student in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Western Washington University. May 2004
- Davis, Rosario. International Recruitment Online, Equity & Access, Texas State University, $2500. (Funded: September 2011 - September 2012). Grant.
- Davis, Rosario. Recruiting Internationals in the State of Texas, Equity & Access, Texas State University, $2500. (Funded: September 2011 - September 2012). Grant.
- Davis, Rosario (Supporting), Jimenez, Jesus (Supporting), Partain, John Wade (Principal), Buck, Ryan (Supporting). Building Bridges for New Innovators in Engineering (BBNIE), Partners of the Americas, Federal. (Funded: July 2019 - October 2019). Grant.